You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to rename a net?
3437 6
Calum22 1 year ago
I've read through the tutorial but can't find anything.  How can I rename a net?  If it's on several pages of schematic.
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
In theory you should be able to: 1. select a netlabel in your schematic; 2. do **Find Similar Objects...** and then;  3. against Name set **Equal** then;  4. Do **Find All** In the right hand panel then there should be a text box containing the name of the selected netlabel which when changed and entered will change all the netlabels from the old to the new name. Basically it should work the same way as in EasyEDA Std. Except that when I tried it this afternoon in Firefox it did not work. No netlabels were highlighted.
Calum22 1 year ago
@andyfierman Thank you Andy, this is helpful to confirm it's not just me! I think the issue you experience is because Netlabels are changed from netlabels to Names when connected to wires (yes I know this is not a good "feature"!).  When you search for wire names you can do it in the method you describe, but it's a total hack. <br> <br> I don't understand why it isn't possible to just select everything in the net easily.  I know it's possible to select all items in net if you manually click every item in the net, while holding control button - but doing it this way is easy to miss one, and is not efficient.  There should be an option to select all of net - e.g, a "select all" button in this field.![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/UWgzEw4yNjly45MjhCLnd8u1uf1csniq3QS3hIc1.png)
andyfierman 1 year ago
Ah... I just posted this Bug Report without looking back at this topic so I didn't see your reply: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/PRO-Find-Similar-Objects-appears-to-not-find-Netlabels-2f4df6daac0b458d858349af55233347](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/PRO-Find-Similar-Objects-appears-to-not-find-Netlabels-2f4df6daac0b458d858349af55233347)<br> <br> Even so, the Netlabel does appear in the list of searchable items and is identified as such in the properties panel so I think the Bug Report is valid. The H key highlights the whole net but doesn't seem to offer any way to identify or edit the net name. "When you search for wire names you can do it in the method you describe, but it's a total hack." Except that if there is a name attached to a Net Flag then the wire Name gets updated but the name attached to the Net Flag does not! (second VO1 netlabel added for demo purposes): ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JheIywPTGi9B6uowWZNygFnBiBWHqUbWMUIHsLho.png) Change VO1 name to VOX and note that the name of the Netlabel attached to the Net Flag VO1 does not change: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/2dKyXK8cvmam7ufs0QANaVd6zeEWrHIOgoHYBfeV.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wRPNOgiGR8JRBBHqiJjhj1bqI9K8vS6dGezjX9Ov.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/aIyPEgl1dyb6kaP2oqSkaEElJQ31ivb77vsV1jvr.png)
Calum22 1 year ago
@andyfierman Nice find on that additional error, that's a really annoying bug - in your description I think you mean Net Port not Net Flag though? You could try Find Similar Objects>Name for Type "all objects", which does "work", but this is easy to get an error with.
Calum22 1 year ago
The best "workaround" I have found. Either: 1) Use no net ports, and search by wire name. Or: 2) Use net ports on every wire, then you can search by net port (as changing the net port name also changes the wire name).  But if you forget a net port on a wire, the wire won't change net name when you change the net name of the net ports.
andyfierman 1 year ago
"in your description I think you mean Net Port not Net Flag though?" Yes. Thanks for the correction!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice