You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to rotate WITH connected wires?
1532 19
Basay 4 years ago
Hi. I try to rotate element by SPACE. But its disconnects from all wires. Its ok, when I rotating resistor. But what if i need to rotate Arduino Nano with 15 connected wires? What im doing wrong?![1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5bkehYFVRRlmo4DYKm7FPBz6UHwnDEbcZiAbbSUt.png)![2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TtdUXH1l2HinRs4laClYHuG7w3uTDZMf5rWir5xe.png)![3.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/cWX3HqKiGNRiS1z9zTxTZW72GC8iABES85ffJNYu.png)
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
Please change the category of this topic to "Feature Request". Thanks.
Basay 4 years ago
@andyfierman Done. Did you mean, that is not possible yet?
andyfierman 4 years ago
"...that is not possible yet?" Correct.
deskpro256 4 years ago
I don't know if this helps, but have you tried flipping the component? Using X or Y? But that will just flip the component itself, not all the connected wires. I'd suggest that you manually make the schematic yourself using blocks of circuits using nets to connect components so rotating won't cause problems. ![Flipping](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qbGwbTWb5f0CtMs7AJKNsCz0TfkO9ZgokzerWa1y.png)
Basay 4 years ago
@andyfierman sad
Basay 4 years ago
@deskpro256 flip causes same problem. Component flips, but its wires stays at same position and disconnects from component. And - flipping dont allow me to rotate element at 90 degrees.  Sorry for my eng - im from Russia
andyfierman 4 years ago
@Basay, I like how LTspice handles rotating, flipping and moving symbols. It would be nice if EasyEDA could handle rubber banding like that.
Basay 4 years ago
yeah, in LTS all ok
cjohnson 4 years ago
@Basay click on your schematic component and click "R" key. The wires will stay connected, hope this helps :)
andyfierman 4 years ago
@cjohnson, That's interesting. Could you post an animated gif of that from your schematic because I can't get any of mine to exhibit that behaviour. Are you using the online or desktop client?
cjohnson 4 years ago
@andyfierman So there's a part that I forgot to mention when doing this. You need to click and hold the component as if you are going to drag it around the screen. ![[video-to-gif output image]](https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-d3f91e19731f.gif) Btw, side note, what software do you always recommend for doing screen recording/converting to gif? Can't remember.
cjohnson 4 years ago
@andyfierman Oh and I'm using the client, but this should work in either.
andyfierman 4 years ago
@cjohnson, Many thanks for that. I didn't know that feature existed! "You need to click and hold the component as if you are going to drag it around the screen." I think you have to click and hold the component and then drag it a little before you then rotate it using the R key or the Space Bar. I find if you don't move it slightly first, the wires still detach as you rotate it. Even then, the 90 degree only wire paths can quickly make a mess of the wire dragging with several on a side overlapping as soon as a 90 degree rotate is actioned. As for a recommended animated GIF tool, I use Peek on Linux and for Windows I have used a video screen recorder and then exported the video to one of the many free online video to animated gif converters.
Basay 4 years ago
@cjohnson ive tried in both versions - desktop and client. Dont work. Hold and SPACE; Hold and R; Hold, drag a little and SPACE or R... Allways disonnect(
cjohnson 4 years ago
@Basay Interesting. I use this method quite often, so I'm not sure why it is not working for you.
rjuna 2 years ago
Working for me. Seems to be a bit of a hacky way to do it but it works. Just to recap: 1\. Click and drag on a wired element\. 2\. Without letting go\, lick R or spacebar The connections should remain in place
Basay 2 years ago
@miniverse thanks for answer, but it dont work, All wires are disconnecting(
rjuna 2 years ago
Hi, @Basay. Maybe the OS has something to do with it? (I'm using OSX). Also, I discovered a few other points: 1\. Make sure that the items you are trying to rotate are grouped\. 2. Click and drag a wired element. 3\. Do not press any other key before going to step 4\. 4\. Without letting go of the mouse click\, lick R or spacebar\. 5\. IMPORTANT: Do not move the mouse at all or press any key\. 6\. Release de mouse dragging button\. ![ezgif-2-c9666a350f.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dGYR77uCfsrohk45t0WmEOcQvKsLLwMlMXxxqclk.gif)
rjuna 2 years ago
@Basay check my last comment ☝🏼
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice