You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to tell the autorouter to stop routing pins that are already internally connected in the "part"?
254 7
wm8s 1 year ago
I've seen lots of people ask more or less the same question, some even exactly my problem, but I haven't seen a solution or workaround. I'd like to make a Raspberry Pi hat.  The 2x20 pin connector that connects my hat's PCB to the Pi's GPIO connector has multiple pins on the same net. They are connected internally to the Pi, and I do **_NOT_** want to connect them also externally (to avoid ground loops and other nasties; arguing about the propriety of this is no help).  Specifically, for example, pin 1 and pin 17 are both on the 3.3VDC net;  they are already connected inside the Pi, and I do **_NOT_ **want to duplicate this circuit by connecting the pins externally.  Worse, I want to route traces in the area that the autorouter insists on blocking by routing a wholly unwanted track between these two pins. I'm aware of this: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Not-Connected-feature-for-unconnected-pads-in-Footprints-with-multuple-same-numbered-pads-on-PCB-03f61e1a8ed342b7a5be79e0dab765e5](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Not-Connected-feature-for-unconnected-pads-in-Footprints-with-multuple-same-numbered-pads-on-PCB-03f61e1a8ed342b7a5be79e0dab765e5)<br> <br> Has it been fixed/added?  Is there a workaround that I'm missing? Thanks! ...R
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Your project is private so only you can see it. Can you not simply remove the duplicate net names from all but the pin you do want to connect and then put the green No Connection "X" symbol onto each of them?
wm8s 1 year ago
No. What if there are parts near pin 1 that need to connect to 3 VDC, and parts near pin 17 that need to connect to 3 VDC? The only workaround that I see is to give pins 1 and 17 separate net names and manually pick in the schematic which of the two 3 VDC nets I want a part to connect to. That's really pretty crappy.
andyfierman 1 year ago
Could you manually route the tracks to these pins and then tell the autorouter to skip (ignore) those tracks?
Jason Miller 1 year ago
I have also run into this -- wishing I could define links between same-function pins... Here's what I came up with: In the PCB View, click Tools, Layer Manager If your project is 2-layers, set it to 4. If your project is 4 layers, set it to 6... and so on. Now in Layers and Objects floating toolwindow, switch your Edit mode (click the colored box) of 1 of your 2 new (Inner) layers. Click on the pins you want to link, make sure they're all set to the same Net in the Pad Properties toolwindow, run tracks between them as you normally would Poke the eyeball for your INNER layers to make them invisible.  Your pins are now linked invisibly. Not a perfect solution, but so far it's worked.
Jason Miller 1 year ago
Forgot to mention: DO NOT place the invisible tracks until AFTER you have decided where your components are going to be placed.  If you move a component the invisible links leave invisible tracks all over the damn place and you'll think you're going insane -- "Why the Hell is there a ratline for GND going nowhere?"
wm8s 1 year ago
@andyfierman I don't think so, because no matter where I routed them ahead of time, they'd potentially block a track that the autorouter might want to lay down.
wm8s 1 year ago
@jake.admin I guess after finalizing everything, you just delete those bogus inner-layer tracks, set it back to 2 layers, and live the DRC errors that get thrown? Thanks! Too bad it doesn't just "work"... ...R
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice