You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
HowTo Map symbol,footprint and 3Dview
593 2
Guicar 3 years ago
Hello all, I didn't find the way to map (make an association) between  symbol, footprint and 3D model. I uploaded the 3D component made from and .obj and .mtl file but I didn't the way to map it with an exiting footprint neither a new one. Direction will be much appreciated. Regards,
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
**Before you start:** Make sure that you have given the Footprint and the 3D model some suitable Tag(s). <br> **Associating Footprints: ** If you are working on a symbol in the Symbol Editor: click on Footprint in the right hand panel under Custom Attributes to open the Footprint Manager. If you are working on a symbol in the Schematic Editor: select the symbol and then click on Footprint in the right hand panel under Custom Attributes to open the Footprint Manager. In the **Footprint Manager**: Click the **Select** tab. (Instead of Search) Click in the 'Tags' dropdown box.....wait..... ....and your custom footprints should appear in the space under 'Filter'. Clicking 'All' should show you all the footprints you've created. Then select the one you want, check and if necessary, edit the pin to pad assignments then click Update in the bottom right corner of the Footprint Manager. <br> **Associating 3D Models:** If you are working on a Footprint in the Footprint Editor or in a PCB layout: Click on **Tools > 3D Model Manager...** to open the 3D Model Manager. In the 3D Model Manager: Try entering your 3D Model in the **Search** tab otherwise, click the **Select** tab. Click in the 'Tags' dropdown box.....wait..... ....and your custom 3D Models should appear in the space under 'Filter'. Clicking 'All' should show you all the 3D Models you've created. Then select the one you want, check it then click Update in the bottom right corner of the Footprint Manager.
Guicar 3 years ago
Thank you very much for your quick input. I got the way !
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice