You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to connect pads with ratlines
2695 6
aciarlo 9 years ago
I am trying to modify a PCB without modifying the schematic. I want to replace a component, so I would like to place the new components directly on the PCB, connect them temporarily with ratlines, delete the old component, and move around the new ones to find a good placement. When I select the "connect pad to pad" tool from the PCB tools the red cross hairs appear but I am not able to make any connections. When I press "escape" the cross hairs disappear but appear again as soon as I move the mouse. To remove the cross hair I have to select another tool and then press escape. I have tried with top, bottom, multilayer, and ratlines layers active with identical results. What am I doing wrong?
Comments
aciarlo 9 years ago
I am trying to modify a PCB without modifying the schematic. I want to replace a component, so I would like to place the new components directly on the PCB, connect them temporarily with ratlines, delete the old component, and move around the new ones to find a good placement. When I select the "connect pad to pad" tool from the PCB tools the red cross hairs appear but I am not able to make any connections. When I press "escape" the cross hairs disappear but appear again as soon as I move the mouse. To remove the cross hair I have to select another tool and then press escape. I have tried with top, bottom, multilayer, and ratlines layers active with identical results. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, A. Ciarlo
dillon 9 years ago
Hi, Which browse do you use? There is another easy way to connect the pad. You can set the Pad's net. If you set one pad's net to `GND`, the other's pad's net to `GND` too, then they will connect with ratline.
aciarlo 9 years ago
Modifying a PCB without going through schematic --------------- I am trying to modify a PCB without modifying the schematic. I want to replace a component, so I would like to place the new components directly on the PCB, connect them temporarily with ratlines, delete the old component, and move around the new ones to find a good placement. However: - when I select the "connect pad to pad" tool from the PCB tools the red cross hairs appear but I am not able to make any connections - when I then press "escape" to drop the tool the cross hairs disappear but appear again as soon as I move the mouse. To remove the cross hair I have to select another tool and then press escape. I have tried with top, bottom, multilayer, and ratlines layers active with identical results. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, A. Ciarlo
aciarlo 9 years ago
Sorry for the duplicate question, did not realize the first one went through. I am using firefox 36.0.4 Thanks for the suggestion A. Ciarlo
aciarlo 9 years ago
...I should have added: on Win 7 64bit I have tried placing the pads on the same net but no new ratlines appear Regards, A. Ciarlo
dillon 9 years ago
>I have tried placing the pads on the same net but no new ratlines appear You can't attach a net in that way. I just sent a long email to your email. If you have any problems , please let me know.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice