You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to export board image as a large image.
3731 17
mesopcb 8 years ago
I have a 2" x 3" board. I would like to print it on a full page on my printer. When I export it as pdf, it has a lot of unused space in the .pdf file. I have tried to reduce the PCB canvas size to the board size, but it will not go smaller than 12000 x 12000 mils. When I export as an image, it has such low resolution that if I expand the image, my small traces are highly pixelated. How do I print my PCB zoomed in?
Comments
support 8 years ago
You can use the PDF reader's zoomed in function. Every PDF reader has such function
andyfierman 8 years ago
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. I will try to clarify. mesopcb says: "When I export as an image, it has such low resolution that if I expand the image, my small traces are highly pixelated." support suggested: "You can use the PDF reader's zoomed in function. Every PDF reader has such function" The problem is that mesopcb has already tried support's suggestion and found that the zoomed image in the pdf viewer is highly pixelated. Changing the `Width` option in the **Exporting your works!** dialogue seems to have no effect on the exported image: ![Exporting your works! dialogue][1] * The question is this: is there a way to zoom the image *before* it is exported or printed as a pdf? [1]: /editor/20151024/562b5d6c929e9.png
dillon 8 years ago
Please check my image, I export a pdf file, when I need to print, I can set the custom scale to 200% or any other number. It is more easy than we export to some scale, we don't know how big your need. My pdf reader is foxit reader, any other pdf reader can do this easy. before you print, set the scale size. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20151025/562c3af0c85a8.png
andyfierman 8 years ago
mesopcb, If you export your PCB as a pdf then when you zoom in using your pdf viewer, you should find that the elements of the PCB (or if you do this with a schematic, the symbols, text and nets) are sharp and clear, with little or no pixelation, at all zoom factors. As Dillon and support say, you can zoom the pdf to any factor and print it like that to paper, film or even to another pdf file.
mesopcb 8 years ago
This does not work for me. I am using OS X Yosemite and the Adobe Reader doesn't have a custom scale setting. Using the OS settings is not recommended by PDF (it gives a warning if you click on "Page Setup." ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20151029/563151aa69348.png
dillon 8 years ago
Solutions When export an image, you can set up the width. try to use 2000. It means 20000mil . and you can print the image easy. ![enter image description here][1] The easy way is try https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/ . It has a Mac version. [1]: /editor/20151029/56315b576a6b6.png
mesopcb 8 years ago
Thank you for your rapid response. Using "width" with an image solves the problem. A request: it would be nice to be able to select a white background rather than black. My inkjet color printer has real problems with that much black. Thank you.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, You really need to spend some time to read our help document. https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/export.htm#PrintForEtching There is an option as Colour is Black on White Background Dillon
mesopcb 8 years ago
I am aware of that option and tried it, but it doesn't do the job. I should have been more clear: color on black background, not black on white. Black on white is fine for single sided board etching. It is not good for previewing two-sided or multilayer boards, which is what one uses the color printing to do. I was able to achieve a somewhat acceptable result as follows: - export as image (using the scale factor you described above) - pull image into an editor - reverse all colors, which turns black into white, but also changes the colors of the layers Thanks
mesopcb 8 years ago
I should add... this is not a terribly important problem. I offer it as a suggestion/request for whenever you have time for minor improvements.
mesopcb 8 years ago
Sorry, typo and can't edit... what would be nice is to have the color on black also available as color on white.
dillon 8 years ago
It is easy for this. Change the background from canvas attribute. ============================================ ![enter image description here][1] Change layer color. =================== ![enter image description here][2] Export as big image and set the size. ===================================== ![enter image description here][3] [1]: /editor/20151030/5632a26e02004.png [2]: /editor/20151030/5632a2d97cd14.png [3]: /editor/20151030/5632a2fb6b616.png
mesopcb 8 years ago
Wow! That was easy! Thank you very much. John
plexer 7 years ago
Exporting as White on Black and also being able to mirror the output would also be handy if using the laser paint method to create a board. Ben
plexer 7 years ago
So I just found I can mirror the output when selecting individual layers so that's cool :)
ilea 5 years ago
@dillon  greetings, I have a similar problem like other guys and found ur advice very helpful. After looking carefully the picture of ur printing menu I found ur paper size set to letter size and the document set to 5.3x8.5 inches. I think this is my problem exporting PDFs, in canvas settings the size is correct but in the printing menu is set to 29x40 inches. How to fix the document size? Any help will be great thx u of ur concern.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@ilea, You are commenting on an old thread. If you want to zoom the whole pdf to fit a whole page the you should select "Fit to page" or "Fit page" or whatever option your pdf viewer print menu offers to do that.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice