You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to use New Spice Symbol editor
3077 8
cdurham 9 years ago
I am creating a MOSFET for which I have a manufacturer SPICE file, but the tutorial on how to use the New Spice Symbol editor is not clear. Do I have to draw the MOSFET symbol or can it be copied from the component library? Alternatively, can a SPICE file be connected to a MOSFET from the EasyEDA library? Thanks, Ttech
Comments
andyfierman 9 years ago
We are working on improving the spice model search functions but in the meantime, I think these threads should answer your questions but if you need more information, please ask. :) <https://easyeda.com/bbs_view_1914.htm> and: <https://easyeda.com/bbs_view_1899.htm>
cdurham 9 years ago
Thanks for the fast reply. I was able to pull a mosfet symbol from the extended library into the symbol editor, but the 'edit subckt' option is grayed out. I couldn't find any way of importing an existing symbol to the 'new spice symbol' editor window -- I could copy the symbol from its own editor window, but pasting seems to be allowed only to the schematic window.
andyfierman 9 years ago
This should simplify things ... For MOSFETs, I have just created 4 generic symbols: >GENERIC SPICE .SUBCKT NMOSFET symbol (Enhancement) >GENERIC SPICE .SUBCKT PMOSFET symbol (Enhancement) >GENERIC SPICE .MODEL NMOSFET symbol (Enhancement) >GENERIC SPICE .MODEL PMOSFET symbol (Enhancement) The first pair are for use with .subckt defined models only. The second pair are for use with .model defined models only. **To use these symbols:** * Press **Shift+F** and enter some part of the name then press **Search**; * Save the selected symbol to **My Parts** with the *exact name* of the subckt or model that you wish to create the symbol for; * Double click on the symbol to open it for editing; * Do: >> **Super Menu > Miscellaneous > Edit Subckt...** >and then attach the subckt or model as appropriate. * Enter the exact subckt or model name in the **Name** field in **Properties**; * Save; * Place the symbol in the schematic and enter the exact subckt or model name in the **Model** field in **Properties**. * Done! Note that it is also possible to create a new spice symbol for any device in the EasyEDA Libs palette simply by double clicking on it. This will open the symbol for editing in the spice symbol editor window. From there, you will be prompted to then save it to **My Parts** as your own part when you try to attach a subckt to it. Once saved you can attach your choice of .model or .subckt. Be careful to change the name both in the saved filename and in the Properties panel so that the name matches that of the subckt exactly. If you are attaching a .subckt to the symbol (as opposed to a .model) don't forget to change the spice prefix to **X** by selecting the symbol and then clicking on **Edit symbol** in **Properties** or by pressing **I** in the schematic canvas.
cdurham 9 years ago
Great -- exactly what I was seeking to do. Thanks for the help.
cdurham 9 years ago
I created a zener diode (1N5221B), using the zener diode symbol from the EasyEDA Library. I followed the above procedure exactly with no evident problems, but when I place it in a schematic, it has the part number of the default zener: BZT52C10. It's a simple matter to edit the part number and the device simulates as expected (or will, once I finish tweaking the model) -- I just wondered if persistence of the default part name is expected. There was no such problem with the new generic mosfet symbols.
andyfierman 9 years ago
Doh! I think you may have found a small bug in the symbol editing process. Could I ask you to post this as a Bug Report please? The part number persistence can be corrected by editing the EasyEDA Source file for the new spice symbol buy it is a bit messy and the user should not have to do it this way. Here's how you can fix it in the EasyEDA Source: >**Document > EasyEDA Source** opens the EasyEDA Source window. This is what the EasyEDA Source code (JSON) is for the zener symbol from the EasyEDA Libs: {"head":"7~1.9.1~400~300~package`SOD123`name`Zener`pre`D?`spicePre`X`nameAlias`Model`Model`BZT52C10`","canvas":"CA~1021~621~#FFFFFF~yes~black~10~1021~621~line~1~pixel~0.5","shape":["P~show~0~1~380~300~180~gge1^^380~300^^M 380 300 h 15~#880000^^0~398~303~0~A~start~~^^0~389~299~0~+~end~~^^0~392~300^^","P~show~0~2~420~300~0~gge2^^420~300^^M 420 300 h -15~#880000^^0~402~303~0~K~end~~^^0~411~299~0~-~start~~^^0~408~300^^","PL~410 309 406 305 406 295 402 291~#880000~1~0~none~gge4","PT~M 395 306 L 405 300 L 395 293 Z~#880000~1~0~#880000~gge6"],"annotation":[],"BBox":{"x":378,"y":291,"width":44,"height":18}} Where it says: name`Zener` your code will probably have your new subckt name but where it says: Model`BZT52C10` your code will probably still say: Model`BZT52C10` This is why your symbol still shows the default name of BZT52C10 in the schematic. To correct this, edit the **Model** reference to your new subckt name. For example: if your subckt is `BZX84_C3V0_NXP`, then the **name** reference should say: name`BZX84_C3V0_NXP` and the **Model** reference should therefore be changed to: Model`BZX84_C3V0_NXP`
andyfierman 9 years ago
Drat! Clicked the wrong button ... There are two more steps in the process. Click: >**Apply** then: >**CTRL+S** to save the new symbol. If you can create a Bug Report and reference this thread that would be very helpful. :)
andyfierman 9 years ago
Actually, there is a similar problem with some of the other EasyEDA Libs... This is why I created the GENERIC mosfet symbol referred to earlier on. I will have to post a Bug Report about that too.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice