You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
I'm trying to remake an Emax I-style CPU board and a new Panel/Switch board for my Roland S-550, any advice or guidance about please?
494 9
Good Evening, I am intending to remake a CPU board for my Roland S-550 sampler. My goal is to remake the CPU board more in the style of the Emax featuring: the SSM2047 analogue chip, the SSM2300 and the AM6012DC 12-Bit DAC chip. This board will recreate the sound of an Emax I sampler without it being an E-MU sampler. Hence I have a Roland S-550 that sounds like an Emax but has some of the Roland chips (which I'll probably desolder off for this remade board (when it's done). I have screenshots from the service manuals of the S-550 and Emax I to give you an idea of what I'm trying to go for here. I hope this will help out an idea of what I am cooking up with modding my sampler. I also intend to recreate the Switch/Panel board with an SP-12 LCD screen instead of the redundant FIP screen that's super limiting. I am currently beginning in EasyEDA STD version and on my Mac which works excellent too! :D But so far I've got a long way to go. Please let me know if any of you could suggest to me what I can do to make the Schematics and the Modules and PCB when it's all made on the software. Have a Lovely Evening, Jacob R.![My attempt at recreating the 12-Bit DAC in EasyEDA, I guess I got it right?](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/cJCAMnoZOccFEoyUANjo0NAixqXDClZRroVz9vHo.png)![Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 19.16.09.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wYHBOp5Yh7kHktvPWuU8aIb0PQW7d004DsD69ZtH.png)![Roland S-550 CPU Board (Service Manual)_01.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/iRrvtNZWoGeMoAzeixKJep8JLvcr2tkxM3KB5RRO.png)![Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 02.05.31.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/HXbOQadcPcgltsZ3d7B7RlnufduoCD3HeHBcCTqI.png)
Comments
andyfierman 11 months ago
Hi Jacob, Welcome to EasyEDA. For someone who appears to be new to the practice of using EDA tools for Schematic Capture and PCB Design, you really have to do a lot of preparatory work before trying to start the process. To help get you started, I recommend you read (2.2), (1), (2.3), (4) and (6) - in that order - in Welcome to EasyEDA, (2) in: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)<br> <br> and start off with a couple simple dummy projects to learn to use EasyEDA before attempting your sampler project.
@andyfierman Word I will do that. Thank you :D So should I make dummy projects of my sampler mods I want to program in EasyEDA? :) Like prototypes?
Don't try anything too complicated to start with. Get the hang of how you create a properly constructed schematic with all the right connectivity, wiring, net labels and symbols, with their Footprints correctly with the correct pin to pad assignments, all checked against the device datasheets. If you need to, practice editing or creating some simple Footprints and Symbols from datasheets in the appropriate Editors. Practice assigning Footprints to Symbols and checking pin to pad assignments using the Footprint Manager. Get to the point where you can convert your schematic to an ( at that point, unrouted) PCB with no errors. That's a lot to learn and there's at least as much again ito learn for PCB design. Don't try to use the autorouter until you have had some practice in manual component placement and routing. To get good results with an autorouter, you need to first have a deep understanding of how PCB layout and routing works. You can only learn that from practicing manual routing. Without that knowledge, autorouting will trash your design. As I said above, read the documentation. Don't just skim through it because you need to understand what schematic capture and PCB design are really about. Then you need to understand how to use EasyEDA to achieve them. Once you've understood the basics outlined above and the necessity and practices of checking every step of the way, then you can go onto applying all of that knowledge to your real project with confidence and not be overwhelmed by the size if the task or any bumps you hit on the way.
Andy, Would it be able to be possible if I made an adaptor as my first project to learn all this stuff? I was imagining an adapter for two Analog Boards for my sampler. Since I want to add one from an Emax I to my Roland S-550. I know the analog boards have either solderable ribbon connectors or the ribbon connectors with plastic tips on them. I have the five links locked into my Macbook and I'm observing them like you suggested. Figure I throw that idea out since I'm kind of bored but just taking it easy for the night. Let me know if that could be possible to make an adapter for two Analog Boards for my sampler. Have a Lovely Night :) Jacob R.
"Would it be able to be possible if I made an adaptor as my first project to learn all this stuff? I was imagining an adapter for two Analog Boards for my sampler. Since I want to add one from an Emax I to my Roland S-550." Sorry but I can't answer that because I have no idea of what such an adapter would be like. I know nothing about the pieces of equipment that you are referring to so I cannot  advise how to go about trying to design or build a suitable adaptor. In: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a) it advises writing a Design Requirements Specification and a How it Works document. You need to be able to give people that sort of information before they can answer such wide ranging questions as: "Is it possible to make a jubbinser...". Before anyone can answer that, they need to understand what a jubbinser is and how it is expected to work. :)
I think I know what I'm trying to ask now: I want to make an adapter that has two female connectors (for ribbon cables) [one is 40-pin and the other is 6-pin]. What that would do is allow my two analogue boards to be used giving an interconnection from their respective connectors to another 6-pin female connector [on the opposite side] that will give me a chance to run another 6-pin ribbon cable to my switch board. Hence a potential addition of more input and outputs for my sampler (from two different analogue boards). It'd be like a breakout PCB adapter, but has female connectors on both sides. One side has the 40-pin and 6-pin. The opposite side has a 6-pin. I can run the boards basically to have a different alternative for output and input. I'm going to make a sketch and I'll send it here later tonight to help you get an idea. Because my art might explain it better than my paragraphs [I blame my Autism/Aspergers for that; but it's no excuse here :)] :) Jacob R.
![20230904_175231.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/IAAavsji9E5xIGfM3pXMcar803bISQbfTCbSKsw1.jpeg)Here's that sketch I said I do. Rough but gives me a better edge to help you understand what I'm trying to make here. (Please read my previous response above to match with this sketch to understand) :) Jacob R.
andyfierman 10 months ago
OK. Think I understand what you want to do now. First, find the type of female 40 and 6 pin connectors that you need. Identify a manufacturer and manufacturer part number and then a supplier and supplier part numbers. You can usually do this working backwards from the male connectors by looking for "mates with" info in the manufacturer's datasheets for the male parts. Try to find them or equivalents in the EasyEDA library. Through hole are easier for home assembly but surface mount from the JLCPCB library would mean you could get the adapter assembled by JLCPCB. If they're not in the library then you'll have to design the symbol and Footprint yourself. More later as that should keep you busy for a few hours! :)
andyfierman 10 months ago
Next thing is to decide on the shape and dimensions of the PCB so that when you do Convert to PCB, you know what shape and size to make the board outline. You can design the outline in external sw and import it in a suitable format if you have the tools to do that. See Import in the Tutorial. Once you have the Schematic Symbols and PCB Footprints then you can assign the Footprint to the symbol, place the symbols in the schematic and connect them up in the schematic. Then do Convert to PCB.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice