You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
I want to know the difference between the two layers TopPasteMasklayer & TopSolderMasklayer
372 2
amugona 2 years ago
<span class="colour" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I want to know the difference between the two layers.</span> TopPasteMasklayer & TopSolderMasklayer <span class="colour" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">As far as I know, Top Solder Masklayer is an externally exposed layer, but I don't know the difference.</span>
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
Solder mask is a thin layer of epoxy resin that covers everything except the pads on the top and bottom layers of the board. It is to help prevent solder bridging between exposed copper areas such as the pads and pins of components. The apertures in solder mask are normally about the same size or slightly larger than the pad areas. A paste mask works like the screen in a screen printing process. It is a thin sheet of material, usually metal, that is laid over a PCB. The mask has holes that line up with but are a little smaller than the footprint pads. Solder paste is then applied to each exposed area and then wiped off with a squeegee to leave a thin controlled amount of solder paste on each pad. The paste mask is then lifted off and components placed. The solder paste then works as a weak glue to hold the components until, in an infrared reflow oven, it melts then solidifies and holds them permanently in place. The Paste Mask layer is used to create this paste mask.
andyfierman 2 years ago
To clarify: the Paste Mask layer defines the holes in the thin metal sheet.  The sheet itself is called a Stencil.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice