You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Import filled areas from DXF
1708 14
Csongor Varga 3 years ago
I would like to design a PCB where I wanted filled shapes on the silk screen and also some exposed copper areas (PCB Badge). It looks like hatches are not imported from DXF and I can't find an option to "fill" a shape. How can I do that? Any ideas?
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
Convert the DXF to an image such as png or jpg then import that oversized and scale it down to fit the board. Importing 1:1 usually results in very poor  resolution.
Csongor Varga 3 years ago
@andyfierman Unfortunately it does not work. When I import the image, it does not have a button that says "Expose Copper". I guess it just cannot be done in EasyEDA and I should use a desktop PCB design tool.
andyfierman 3 years ago
If you import the image a second time, I think you should be able to assign it to a SolderMask layer which will expose the copper.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
I'm also struggling pretty hard with this... I do have an artwork as SVG and DXF, positive and negative, in inch and mm. I want the artwork to "cut" through the copper and soldermask (leaving just the pcb substrate). I tried importing the DXF and then converting the layer to solid region. This does not work for shapes like the Letter "O" which has cutout shapes within. If the outer ring of the "O" is a solid region, there is no way to exclude the inner part of the "O". I then tried editing the EasyEDA project sourcecode, pasting the raw SVG code into the SOLIDREGION. This kinda works but leaves artifacts. Also the editor was not able to move these hacked solid regions. I guess this is because the editor only supports one (closed) shape within a SOLIDREGION, but the SVG code contains multiple ones. ![2020-10-04 10_16_46-Window.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/32SKNKaIwltJJQXedPWIJBOjeIwJLpeERkrVsTi6.png) I then tried importing the SVG as Image (which is very bad) and then again editing the project source code, replacing the generated svg code with the original svg code of the image. This gave the best results so far in the editor: ![2020-10-04 10_06_45-Window.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/9w7feS3xfDaTQQXFiDThQrubYIf6jtFDuLsPhhJq.png) ![2020-10-04 10_05_46-Window.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/s1dn9LnP9c2prnNMOUPHjYznHOyxvbe9CH334Onv.png) But the JLC Gerber-Viewer didn't like it :( ![2020-10-04 10_06_02-Window.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/sHVgKd7j4c7ZZsvJ8ma66aq1ULSnMTiG3oFFPoJt.png) Designing PCBs is pretty hard :( Btw: When pasting raw SVG code into the source of a SOLIDREGION or SVG, all commas and newlines have to be replaced with spaces.
bogomips 3 years ago
I've had the same issue and went down the same rabbit holes. I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to make SCV files and hacking them into the EasyEDA source. I think the problem is that although EasyEDA's does kinda use SCV's syntax for holding vector graphics, it is not a standard implementation, and even if you can covert separator characters to spaces (if I remember now) to make them work in EasyEDA - not all the operators (like "C") is implemented in the same way, and your hacked source becomes invalid. I've tried EageCAD, Design Spark, KiCAD - thinking I could import the detailed silkscreen design in there, then export, and import back into EasyEDA... None of them worked. They are all pretty bad.. (I've got a pretty complicated vector graphic, that needs to be reprduced without reduction in detail / resolution). EasyEDA's APIs is also not the solution. I've looked into manipulating the Gerber file itself... there might be a way to do it there - but seems like will take a big time commitment. The ONLY solution which I found to reproduce my complec vector graphic onto a EasyEDA Silkscreen layer is by making the graphic into a FONT! It works like this: Export you vector graphic into EPS format, then use FontForge to create a new font, import your ESP as a glyph in the new font, export to TTF. In EasyEDA, add text to your silk screen layer, then select the text object. In the object properties window, click Manage Fonts, and import your your font. Now exit your text area, changing the 'text' to the character corresponding to the glyph in the font your created, like "A". Hope this can help someone.
bogomips 3 years ago
> Export you vector graphic into EPS format... Correction - that should be SVG format.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@bogomips, Have you tried converting or exporting the vector graphic into an image file then importing it oversized using Import Image and then using that tool to scale the image back down again?
@bogomips sorry I didn't notice your reply. You may have a look at the Extension I wrote here [https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import](https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import) Does it work with your SVG?
bogomips 3 years ago
Hi @andreasbernhofer, thanks for that! It does indeed import my complex SVG! Quality looks good - similar to my font method. I'll definitly be using your extensions in the future. Thank you for your hard work!!
@bogomips You're welcome, I'm happy that it's actually working and useful for you :)
rodrino 1 year ago
I want to expose the copper for the logo of my design. The only way that I think might work is to import the image twice, once for the copper area and a second one for the solder mask, and make sure that both overlap? Has anyone tried this?
andyfierman 1 year ago
@rodrino, You can import the logo to copper then copy and paste it into the Solder Mask layer. I'm not sure if the option is available for imported images but if it is then you could also try importing the logo into a copper layer then right clicking on it and choosing Convert to Pad. Then the copper will be exposed automatically.
andyfierman 1 year ago
"I'm not sure if the option is available for imported images..." You can import a DXF file and then do Convert to Pad but this does not work with an imported JPG/PNG/GIF/BMP/SVG image.
andreasbernhofer 1 year ago
@rodrino My extension from [https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import](https://github.com/xsrf/easyeda-svg-import) allows you to import the same SVG as top and mask layer. Yes, I've tried that and it's basically what is shown on my github page in the usage example ;) I've created the SVGs using OpenSCAD and I added a small offset to the mask layer, so they don't exactly overlap but have a gap between mask and copper. But that's not required.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice