You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Imported board outline from DXF - absolute positioning
510 8
scalesr1 2 years ago
I have a complex board outline that has been created in  another CAD system which I have imported as a DXF. I am having difficulty in locating the imported drawing precisely on the coordinate system in easyEda. I would like to be able to group the entire drawing (which I can do using the mouse) and move it by specifying the coordinates. Dragging it all with the mouse is not accurate enough. I was hoping to be able to group all the objects as one and then adjust the coordinates of the group - is there any way I can achieve this? Currently the entire 'drawing is out by 0.044mm on the y-axis and 0.248mm on the x-axis It could be argued that this may be close enough - and it would be if I were not having to place components that connect to the outside world which is governed by the external cad system. I can obviously adjust the coordinates of each component to be relative to the current board location but it would help me a lot if i could get the design central on the coordinate system in easyEda to start with.  - RIchard
Comments
scalesr1 2 years ago
My humblest apologies to you all - a quick search on this forum revealed the location of the group/ungroup option - which I am now exploring. \- Richard
scalesr1 2 years ago
Mission accomplished! \- Richard
andyfierman 2 years ago
If everything is offset by the same amount, could you not just reset the canvas origin as described in the Tutorial?
scalesr1 2 years ago
Hello, yes, i expect I could have done that. I do find now however that every time I import changes from the schematic - it remove the outline components of the PCB layout. I had grouped them all together as an object and given it a name - every time I import changes it wants to remove that name - I seem to have no option to stop that happening. Is there any way around this? \- Richard
andyfierman 2 years ago
"...every time I import changes from the schematic - it remove the outline components of the PCB layout." Are those "outline components" included in your imported DXF? Need at least 3 screenshots please. 1. of immediately after DXF import then; 2. before and; 3. after doing "Import Changes...". <br> <br>
andyfierman 2 years ago
Please also clearly identify what it is that your grouped together. I suspect the problem is that you have grouped things together so EasyEDA sees them as a Footprint which does not exist in any library and is not called up from the schematic. Therefore whenever you do Update PCB... or Import Changes..., the group that you created is deleted and replaced by the Footprints called up by the schematic. Not sure you can recover from that. You could try in grouping stuff but I think that will just leave you with a mass of drawing elements that are no recognised as the original Footprints. Sorry but you may have to start again from the DXF import, reset the canvas origin then do Convert to PCB and go from there.
scalesr1 2 years ago
Thank you - I will give it a go. I have established a workflow where I just copy the block back in from another PCB and place it at 0,0 each time - it will do for now. You are right - I grouped all the outline and hole parts together and gave it a name. \- Richard
andyfierman 2 years ago
Bl**dy Autocorrupt... "You could try **Ungrouping** stuff..."
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice