You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Improve 'Edit Points' on Polygon pad shape
2488 8
Johan_a 6 years ago
I'm trying to create octogonal (8 corner shape) pads in my PCB design. So I set the Shape of the pads to Polygon. EasyEda creates a square (4 corners) pad. Then I click the 'Edit Points' button. It shows coordinates of the 4 corners. Now I have to enter coordinates for the 8 corners of my octogonal shape. This is all not very user-friendly. Some suggestions for improvement: **1\. Relax the checking of entered data to prevent unnecesary 'Invalid points' error messare\.** Reason: I use Excel to calculate the points, then **paste** the 16 values (x and y values for 8 points). The values are separated by tab and/or cr/lf. I get error message 'Invalid Points'. Now I manually have to remove all tabs and cr/lf characters and replace with space to have EasyEda accept the points. However: Tab characters and CR/LF characters are perfectly fine as field separators. There is no need to insist on spaces as separator. **Request**: allow for Tabs and CR/LF characters in the 'Edit Points' dialog (allow the 'paste' from Excel sheet). EasyEda could replace Tab and CR/LF with space itself if nescessary (easy fix). **2\. Allow for relative coordinates instead of absolute** Reason: Coordinates of the (intial square pad shape) of the pads are **absolute** values (= they relate to the 0,0 origin of the **PCB**). For pad polygon shapes makes no sense. It also makes understanding and editing the points way to difficult. It would be much easier if the coordinate points of the polygon pad shapes were relative to the center (Center X and Center Y) coordinates of the pad. Relative coordinates are much easier to understand and edit. > For example Square pad on Center X 43.43mm, Y 32.51mm, Width and Height 1.78mm gives edit points `42.545 31.623 44.323 31.623 44.323 33.401 42.545 33.401`. Relative to the Center this would be  `-0.89 -0.89 0.89 -0.89 0.89 0.89 -0.89 0.89`. Much easier because 2*0.89=1.78 is the width and height of the pad (and smaller numbers!). It would also be much easier to re-use the shape of one pad on other pads. Just copy the (relative to Center X and Center Y) coordinates and paste them in the 'Edit Ponts' dialog of the next one. **Request**: Make coordinate points in 'Edit Points' dialog of Polygon pads **relative** to CenterX/CenterY of the pad. I hope you will consider these changes. Current EasyEda version V5.3.14
Comments
UserSupport 6 years ago
Hi Thanks for your suggestion, that is a good idea, we will consider your suggestion. we will improve this in the future, but now we have more important works to do. and ps: suggest using Chrome or Firefox, we don't test in IE.
borispavlov 6 years ago
I agree with the above user statement. Using the polygon is extremely hard. There are a lot of pads that are  not rectangular or round and then you run into a long design time to make a custom shape pad. Why cant just draw it ?
rom1nux 6 years ago
I agree to this feature too
Mehmet AKBAS 6 years ago
Me, too   .
terryjmyers 5 years ago
Yup.  I need polygon pads too for this: [https://www.tai-tech.com.tw/_upload/files/WCM2012F2SF-SERIES.pdf](https://www.tai-tech.com.tw/_upload/files/WCM2012F2SF-SERIES.pdf)
andyfierman 5 years ago
The Edit Points feature has improved since the original post. Might be worth trying it out again.
Johan_a 5 years ago
@andyfierman The new 'Edit points' dialog looks great! Thanks ! ![New 'Edit Points' dialog](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/jdMzpZaHuvKDKHkftbuy9p0iBl9xZErtzYZVHOFy.jpeg) I would still have preferred coordinates 'relative' to 'top-left' or center of the pad. But it's a huge improvement anyway. Thanks again. Small issue: The 'help' button (blue questionmark) points to help page 'Copper Area'. Should point to 'PCB Tools / Pad' (and then of course the Edit Polygon section still needs to be updated) For now this change fills my needs. So thanks again for the updates.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Johan_a, Nice of you to thank me but it's the EasyEDA developers who deserve all the credit. I'm just here to help out. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice