You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Improvements to Locating Nets on Schematic
856 8
lynxlabeling 5 years ago
Locating nets and determining the name of a net from a wire in a schematic are often needed operations. 1\. In a previous version\, going to the design manager and clicking on a net name listed would highlight the wires belonging to the net on the schematic\. It no longer does so\, but instead\, the connecting pins are listed and clicking on one of them shows the pin\. While this feature may have some use\, losing the previous functionality is undesirable\.  I don't see any conflict between the previous behavior and the new behavior\, so please restore the previous feature of highlighting the schematic wires when selecting a net\. 2\. Clicking on a wire shows graphical information for the wire\, but not the net\. The net should also be shown in the Selected Objects pane\. This should be an easy feature to add\, and is a common operation in other schematic programs\.
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi 1、It is fixing at v5.7.x 2、It is show the attributes of the wire , not the net, can you give some images?
lynxlabeling 5 years ago
Here is what it shows now (note, the net is VCC): ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nxb1LDImLgVXB4cOYgHPb0eJbEW3Z4vANV6fXqF7.png) When I select a trace with net VCC in the PCB editor, it shows the net: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/yd1vduU0ug4wi4JKF1gDENcOguaaxNVyJdKeDDYp.png) I would like to also see the net name in a similar fashion when selecting a wire in the schematic.
UserSupport 5 years ago
The schematic is difference than PCB, if you want to check the wire's net, please use the design manager.
lynxlabeling 5 years ago
That is the problem I am reporting. You can't click on a wire to see the net. You have to use the Design Manager to guess what the net is, and even then, with the current behavior, it doesn't highlight the net but only lists the component pins on the net. You have this feature in the PCB. It should be added to the schematic as well. Also, the design manager should highlight the net selected like it did in a previous version.
UserSupport 5 years ago
At next big update, when click a net in design manager of the schematic, it will highlight all wires for this net. we will consider to add the net name when hover on the wire, but not show the net at its attribute panel. Thanks
lynxlabeling 5 years ago
Thanks for that info. Adding the net name on hover would be a big improvement, but not as useful as showing it in the attribute panel when selecting a wire. Is there some reason to not show this information and being able to edit the net name in this manner?
UserSupport 5 years ago
@lynxlabeling Because of the net name is calculated after the wires and pins connection, . It isn't generate automatically and realtime,  hover the wire and show the net name maybe hard to implement too.
lynxlabeling 5 years ago
I can see how that may be a problem. Hover would be very difficult then. However, putting it in the attribute panel would still be possible in one of two ways: 1\. Best \- Show the field name and populate it via an ajax call once the calculation is made\. 2\. Alternate \- Provide a button that when clicked on does the calculation and shows the net in a pop\-up\. I understand there may be some difficulty in programming, but this is a sorely lacking feature in my opinion.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice