You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Inches no longer available in PCB View?
559 10
steadystate 2 years ago
Inches have disappeared from the Units dropdown in Canvas Attributes in the PCB window.  Only mm and mil are available.  Any ideas as to what happened?
Comments
mbratch 2 years ago
Your post shows you have EasyEDA 6.4.21? The download section on this website has EasyEDA 6.4.20.6, which I thought was the latest and is what I'm using. It still has inches.
mbratch 2 years ago
Interesting... I was just reading the release notes section which shows "PCB remove Inch unit" under version 6.4.20.9, so the removal was intentional. Maybe they thought it was redundant with mils since inches x 1000 = mil. Interesting I only see 6.4.20.6 in the download section. From various posts I'm reading, I think I'll stick with 6.4.20.6.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@mbratch Yes, we removed this option, this option is not too much users to use, and too many users report it blocks unit changes, mil to mm need to one more step. and PCB most factory use mm and mil , other EDA tools only use mil and mm too, you will draw a track at 0.012inch? then we removed it. for the old desktop client, 6.4.20.6 has bugs, suggest upgrade to latest version when we release a new version, at one day in the future, we will expire the old version, the old version has bugs and old format, that is not recommended.
mbratch 2 years ago
@UserSupport thank you for the information. Your site only has download for 6.4.20.6. How do I upgrade to 6.4.21?
UserSupport 2 years ago
@mbratch we will release it at next week, it supports folders at project list
steadystate 2 years ago
Bad decision for many of your users.  Inches are by no means obsolete by any stretch of the imagination.  Incomprehensible.  Having to convert every measurement manually is ridiculous.  You've rendered the program virtually useless for me and many others.
steadystate 2 years ago
Much of the world still uses standard measurement, especially for hole sizes, spacing, and other dimensions.  I'm absolutely mind blown that you'd remove inches.  I'm floored.  Is this for real?  Do you have any concept of the negative impact this is going to have on some users, especially ones who have a huge library of imperial based projects?
andyfierman 2 years ago
@steadystate, Not sure I understand the problem. The underlying unit of EasyEDA is and always has been thousandths of an inch (US mil/UK thou). PCBs and Footprints with dimensions specified in inches were internally converted to mil anyway so removing inches as a unit has zero impact other than any unit in a datasheet quoted in inches has to be multiplied by 1000 to convert it to mils. I read a pin spacing of 0.05 inches and I enter a spin spacing of 50 mils. All done in the time it took me to enter the value. It takes me way longer to convert between mils and mm than it does between inches and mils. :)
Mylo 2 years ago
@UserSupport I really don't see that justification as being a reason why you would remove such a feature, you are really making a bad decision especially for American users and others who use customary measurement for milling. That is honestly such an absurd and laughable decision and I know that literally every other EDA software available has an option for INCHES. If you want EasyEDA to remain competitive, least useful, I strongly advise reverting your decision.
Bill Curran 1 year ago
I know I'm late but I just discovered that inches were removed and am VERY upset!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice