You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Is there a way to pit two pins for a jumper on PCB view?
2668 3
Joseph Massimino 5 years ago
I have tow points on my circuit board that are sometimes joined together. I want to add two pins that can accept a jumper to do that. Is there a way to put that jumper on the board and join each side to two pads without going back to the schematic view?  Please tell me where to find it, or do I fabricate it by make two pads and joining them?
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
A pluggable jumper is just a two pin connector. You can find the PCB package for a 2 pin header and add it to PCB. However, as I mentioned in other threads of yours, if you do not include a schematic symbol for a 2 pin connector that has the PCB package that you want to use in the PCB assigned to it, then if you update the PCB either using **Update PCB...** in the Schematic Editor or **Import Changes...** in the PCB Editor, the package in your PCB will be deleted.
andyfierman 5 years ago
If you do this is the PCB you will have to split what was originally a single trace, into two. You will therefore have to rename one of the resulting nets. If you do this by adding the symbol to the Schematic, then when you update the PCB it will pull in the right PCB package and split and rename the net for you. You will have to place the imported package and retrack the split net.
Joseph Massimino 5 years ago
Andy, this touched on a topic that I was aware of, but don't know how it works, or how to use it to correct some things. That topic is nets.  I felt that I could take a part that got detached from its elements, and reattach it by editing either the net value, or some other value. It's too bad I can't find a book on this software that starts at very simple and goes into more complicated. I'm sure that once you get past two layers it can get really touchy, and has to be done perfectly, or there will be many problems.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice