You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Link Schematic Module and PCB Module
6351 16
markturnbaugh 7 years ago
**MODULE SETUP** I have created a Schematic Module(SM) and from this Schematic Module I created a PCB Module(PM); I want to link the SM with the PM. **SCHEMATIC and PCB CREATION** When I create a new schematic and insert my SM in and then convert my schematic to a PCB my PM is not used. I cannot find any instruction on how to do this us my PM. Any instruction would be appreciated.
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Markturnbaugh, Welcome to EasyEDA. Schematic and PCB Modules are not really intended to be used for the base schematic or PCB in a project. Schematic and PCB Modules are intended to be for reusable designs. You can insert them into a schematic or PCB and they part numbers etc will all auto increment to avoid duplication. I *think* if you open a new PCB canvas in your project and then just insert the PCB module into it, then EasyEDA should treat that the same way as if it had created that PCB from scratch from the schematic and you should be able to work on from there. You *may* need to make sure that all the part prefixes and net labels in the inserted module match what is in your schematic, I'm not sure as I've not tried it. To avoid this sort of issue on future projects, please see: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/The_best_way_to_design_a_PCB_in_EasyEDA-ThR3pwqIC Please post back if you need more help.
Hi Andy, Thank you for the quick response. Let me confirm my understanding of Schematic and PCB Modules. The modules are intended to create a reusable layout of ICs, resistors, capacitors, traces, etc that can be placed into a Schematic canvas. So if I "place" a Schematic Module in a PCB canvas and then "convert to PCB" then my PCB Module should be shown in my new PCB canvas. Is that correct? What I am currently seeing is that I insert my Schematic Module into my Schematic canvas and then click "convert to PCB"; however my new PCB canvas does not show my PCB as I had laid it out in my PCB Module. Is there away to carry over the PCB Module layout when I click "convert to PCB"? If this is not clear enough I will post a picture.
So if I "place" a Schematic Module in a **Schematic** canvas and then "convert to PCB" then my PCB Module should be shown in my new PCB canvas.
The above comment was correction to my previous comment.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Not quite. 1. Place the schematic modue in a schematic canvas; 1. Place a PCB module in a PCB canvas; 1. Do **not** click on `Convert Project to PCB...`; 1. Click on `Update PCB...` in Schematic canvas or `Import Changes...` in PCB canvas as required. I can't try this out for you as your project is private.
Johnny Lee 5 years ago
I am also trying to do this.  I've created a Schematic Module and a PCB module for a motor controller.    I want to be able to place the schematic module, and then place the PCB module in a new design and have it correctly link the components.  Inserting the schematic module renumbers the component IDs. When I place the PCB module, the component numbers are different and I have to rename them manually.  This is very difficult when you have many components in a module (or use a module many times).  You have to be very careful on the order you do things in order to not break the PCB layout. If I hit "Import Changes" an update, it has a high likelihood of destroying the layout because of wrong component names.  I've create an exmaple project where the components are incorectly placed in the PCB don't match due to a pre-existing capacitor in the schematic causing the component name to shift. [https://easyeda.com/jcl5m1/testproject](https://easyeda.com/jcl5m1/testproject) I see others have this problem as well.  Please allow linking a Schematic Module to a PCB model so the components can be automatically renamed and placed together. The only way i could figure out how to keep things connected was by creating a library. This keeps all components together in both the schematic and PCB canvas (which is nice behavior). However, the a Schematic/PCB  does not allow sub-components to track the BOM, and the PCB NetList solver does not recognize track net names from the footprint - and shows a net error.  I can ignore these errors, but seems like a bad solution. If there is a better way to create re-usable schematic/pcb groups that keep the components, and layouts linked, please explain.  Thank you.
Johnny Lee 5 years ago
Here's a screenshot of the issues I have when trying place a PCB module together with a Schematic module.  Because, the component names are not linked.  This causes many errors when trying to use them together. ![Capture.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/CHIGl5lMTiEhjnrX2cuzuEXSYiBzPCGcNd5NqJ3x.jpeg)
Johnny Lee 5 years ago
Similar to how changes made to the library can update every use of the library.  Updating a module should be able to update each use of that module.
π-ШТО 5 years ago
is this bug fixed? im not really sure what SCH/PCB Modules are for, if we cannot add the same module multiple times without them being connected to each other...
MikeDB 5 years ago
I can confirm the whilst the part numbers update automatically, the track names don't if you place a module twice, so you have to do an awful lot of work by hand.
AlexeyCu 4 years ago
It seems It too much difficult for developers. 1\. Create Schematic 2\. Create PCB for Schematic 3\. During "Convert to PCB" process insert bunch of components as one module Problem in that they allow insert Module Schematic as independent component
tobalt 4 years ago
Bump. This is an urgently needed feature! And in its present state is more or less completely useless. Presently, modules dont do much else than "Ctrl+V" At the minimum, please make track/via/plane names also autoupate when placing a PCB Lib. This would elevate the function of PCB Modules at least to the level where they are not 90% useless. But generally, such a feature is super important. So it should work smooth and smart. The best implementation of this in EasyEDA I know presently is via the custom script which can be found here from user duritskiy: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Copy-Paste-Dublicating-9185827a952e4312854e808ed38df228](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Copy-Paste-Dublicating-9185827a952e4312854e808ed38df228)
astr 3 years ago
Hello, at the end of tobalts link you have my answer how to do modules .... it works for me on downloaded easyeda - havent tried web version - but desktop version works as a charm :)
tobalt 3 years ago
Another year has passed without much in this direction. I have also tried Modules as suggested by astr and replied in duritskiys topic. I wouldn't exactly describe it as working as a charm. It requires a ton of manual intervention. I have posted several specific suggestions in the other topic on how to improve it.
ErikK 2 years ago
I also have this issue. The desired work flow is this: 1\. Create schematic module 2\. Add parts\, connections\, and such to schematic module 3\. Convert schematic to pcb module such that they are linked 4\. Re\-use schematic module in any other project 5\. In such other projects the schematic module when converted to PCB remebers the layout and by default will place all the components and copper etc as specified in the linked pcb module\. The components can always be edited and re\-arranged\, but all copies of the pcb module are loaded in the specified pcb module arrangment\. This is a massive feature everyone wants. The idea of schematic modules and pcb modules is broken without it.
ErikK 2 years ago
When Importing changes all pcb modules do not re-load to their default state. The default state is only used the first time they are added to the canvas.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice