You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Lock component location on PCB
2047 12
ideaman4u 7 years ago
**Feature Request** Brief title for your desired feature: Lock component location on PCB How would you like the feature to work? Add a user changeable flag to component property that can be set that prevents selecting and moving a component unless overridden. Override accomplished via drop down or popup dialog. Why is this feature important to you? It is too easy to forget that the placement of certain components, specially power jacks, led indicators, board-to-board connectors, etc. is critical. A simple mistake may mean a lot of rerouting and ordering new boards.
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
+3 Including +2 from: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Lock_Component_on_PCB_Layout-IcnXjhR3C and: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Upgrade_to_Auto_Routing-gAMmWTRrN
ideaman4u 7 years ago
@andyfierman I reviewed your references, but cannot see the particular relevance. I am referring to editing a PCB. For example, I have carefully positioned a barrel power jack to accommodate a cutout in a housing. Then, I accidentally or purposely (by mistake) relocate the component such that it is no longer accommodated by the cutout in the housing. By way of further support, PCB123 has this feature. ideaman4u@Hotmail.com
andyfierman 7 years ago
Both posts contain an initial request to be able to lock a component to a fixed position on the PCB. The reasons for requiring the feature may not be the same as your request and may originate from somewhat different reasons but I consider them to be valid requests for essentially the same feature. It is also a feature that I consider to be a useful improvement, hence my +3 for it. The more support a Feature Request has, the higher up the EasyEDA 'ToDo' list it will go.
ideaman4u 7 years ago
@andyfierman I reviewed your references, but cannot see the particular relevance. I am referring to editing a PCB. For example, I have carefully positioned a barrel power jack to accommodate a cutout in a housing. Then, I accidentally or purposely (by mistake) relocate the component such that it is no longer accommodated by the cutout in the housing. By way of further support, PCB123 has this feature.
ideaman4u 7 years ago
Taking me some time to get into the EasyEDA "mindset". NOW I get what you were conveying. Thanks for your support! Appreciate your efforts on behalf of all users. ideaman4u@Hotmail.com
wm8s 7 years ago
+1. This feature would have save me a lot of time this weekend.
Penoff 6 years ago
+1. This feature is available in professional tools and is quite useful in cases where you need certain components to be located in specific places on a PCB because of mechanical requirements.
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff I am sure the lock will be proivded. but will need some months. this is not easy to do.
Alexk57 6 years ago
+1. Please add this function. it is very necessary!!!
ban.relayer 6 years ago
+1 very need this feaure
ivoras 6 years ago
+1 this is a very useful feature. And also so that the "lock" attribute also prevents the auto-router from deleting the track before it starts!
balrags 6 years ago
Agree this important feature is needed. Too easy bo bump something out of place and not be aware you've done so.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice