You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Make 'Mounted' a pcb attribute.
1650 6
FrankCA 6 years ago
**Feature Request** Brief title for your desired feature: Make 'Mounted' a pcb attribute so that Mounted=NO means components are not placed, and the attribute has a field in the BoM. How would you like the feature to work? A component with attribute 'Mounted=NO' will not be transferred from schematic to pcb. Why is this feature important to you? As is now, if you want one complete schematic of components in your design, including those not on the pcb eg. front panel items, mains power IEC connectors and such, you cant make a pcb of that design without having to delete the components in the pcb editor. Obviously this is problematic. By excluding some components between the schematic and pcb through the Mounted attribute this will be possible. There may be Nets that throw errors if a component is not present, but this has to be handled in the application. Currently these components have to be placed in a *separate project*, not even a 2nd schematic in the same project!
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi FrankCA, This has been raised before and this post (and the linked `HowTo`) explain why it does not make sense to implement the `Mounted` attribute in the way you suggest: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Mounted_should_carry_over_from_schematic_to_PCB-3cM8641nl
FrankCA 6 years ago
Hi Andy - yes I am familiar with the post you refer to, but that is an entirely different scenario that is being addressed ie. prototype vs production pcb design. I dont know what the mix of Easyeda users is but for users that mostly prototype using Easyeda, the feature as it stands is irrelevant. There are then two use-cases for the Mounted attribute - has Easyeda implemented the more- or less-used one? What I would also like to see is a system where your users can vote (up or down) for requested new features - it would be a great way to give your developers some added insight into where your scarce resources should be focused.
andyfierman 6 years ago
`...that is an entirely different scenario that is being addressed ie. prototype vs production pcb design.` I disagree. As I see it, what you are discussing is the difference between a **Schematic** and a **Circuit Diagram** or a **Wiring Diagram**. If you make a **Schematic** for a PCB then it **must** include everything that is on - or forms an integral part of - that PCB. If it's not on - or forms an integral part of - that PCB then it should not be in that Schematic. A **Circuit Diagram** or a **Wiring Diagram** - which can be defined as a diagram which includes all the off-PCB parts - is a different project because, by definition, you cannot make a PCB from it. As you say, if you try to make a PCB from this type of **Circuit Diagram** or **Wiring Diagram**, you have to delete all the off-PCB parts and maybe change some nets to accommodate the changes. You then have to go through all the checking to make sure you haven't broken anything. For example, consider a top level diagram of a system with 2 PCBs connected by a ribbon cable with alternating ground - signal - ground - signal - ground wires. A circuit diagram for that could be simply drawn showing the two circuits connected by a bunch of signal nets and a single ground net. That would be electrically correct but would not allow you to make a PCB for either circuit. Another example: a guitar amplifier with an off-PCB mains connector and transformer and a loudspeaker in the box and some sockets, switches and pots that are mounted on a separate PCB, wired to the main amp PCB. You need a schematic that builds the main amp PCB and another for the sockets, pots and switches PCB so they have to be two separate projects (unless you contrive to have both schematics built onto the same physical PCB which you then snap apart). However to be able to build the whole guitar amp, you will probably want a **Wiring (or Circuit) Diagram** that shows how the mains transformer is wired to the mains socket in the box and to the power connector on the amp PCB and how the speaker is wired to the amp PCB and how the sockets, pots and switches panel is wired to the amp PCB but you're never going to make a PCB just to put the mains transformer and mains socket on nor are you ever going to move those components onto the amp PCB. Similarly you're never going to make a PCB with the speaker mounted directly to it. So I don't understand why you would ever want to take a Circuit Diagram that includes all the stuff that is off-the PCB and then try to remove all those parts that are off the PCB and then have to recheck what's left to be sure that when you do make a PCB, it is correct to the Circuit Diagram. That seems like the tail wagging the dog because the whole idea of making a Schematic is that it contains all the information that you need to be sure that you can successfully design and assemble a PCB with the minimum risk of error and the maximum ease. Starting from a wiring diagram just leaves the door wide open for so many sources of error. Similarly I think it is a mistake to try to use a Schematic for a PCB in place of a Wiring Diagram for an assembly. The two things are different diagrams for different purposes. I have described this in a bit more detail in Section 2 of: https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f * What I would suggest is that you can do something very similar to what I have described in: https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/From_Idea_to_PCB_an_EasyEDA_Design_Procedure-78173f41ed2d468cb6880e6d21483f11 for separating a Simulation Schematic into separate sheets for the simulation only parts and for the actual parts to be simulated. Forgetting about the simulation aspect of a schematic, what you could do is to create the Schematic which includes everything that is on - or forms an integral part of - the PCB. This is your Schematic-for-PCB (what I described in the above link as the Non-Simulation Schematic) and should be put into a Project on its own and then developed and checked for that task: to ensure that is builds an error free PCB. Then create a separate Wiring Diagram (or maybe call it an Assembly Project) Project containing one or more separate sheets for all the off-PCB parts, include all the necessary cables, cable assemblies and connectors to connect to the PCB (because the interfaces to the PCB will have connectors of some sort defined even if they are only PTH pads for wires to be soldered to). You could also add things like assembly instructions. Then clone your Schematic-for-PCB into that Wiring Diagram / Assembly Project. That way you have a known error free Schematic and PCB (at least as far as the Design Manager and your checking can ensure) in one Project then you have another containing a clone of this known error free Schematic and PCB plus all the off-PCB parts, wiring and assembly information.
FrankCA 6 years ago
Picking up this thread again, because I see related issues cropping up in the forum.... To summarize andyfierman's essay on semantics \- EasyEDA is ONLY a pcb design toolset and nothing more\. It encapsulates the tools required to design\, simulate and produce \*a pcb\*\- one schematic leads to one \(or multiple versions of one\) pcb\. Multiple schematics have to be sheets of the same schematic leading to one pcb\. The underlying netlist is a singular mapping from schematic to pcb \- all the schematic netlist nodes must translate to the pcb\. Semantics around the use of terms like "wiring diagram" or "circuit diagram" aside\, you cannot design a complete product in one EasyEDA project\. In my view this makes the use of the term "project" in EasyEDA a mockery\. I mistakenly expected EasyEDA to mean a project to be a more complete design of a product or item\, not just a pcb\. Lesson learned\, and the reason I use other EDA tools currently\. But to be fair\, EasyEDA has some great features as a pcb design tool\, however I still feel that with a little more thought and development it could expand quite easily into being a true multi\-sheet design tool\, thereby attracting a larger user base\. All the dots seem to be there\, its just how they are connected\.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@FrankCA Understand,we need some time to implement many options and features.
FrankCA 5 years ago
@Tutorials - No doubt your team is doing a great job but quite honestly if you are constrained by time/development resources you should concentrate less on the things that matter less - like simulation (there are plenty, better and more stable tools out there) and concentrate more on being a quality EDA package with reliable schematic/pcb integration and reliable manufacturing integration and a KILLER UI - the things that would bring developers flocking to your site. Add true project hierarchy, bug reporting/issue tracking and - you would be mainstream. Its been a while since I've been here and disappointingly, it doesnt seem that you have moved much at all. (Sure, the UI is a bit more visually appealing). Significantly I see that my designs have to be re-saved to your new format - and that has introduced errors into the one schematic I tried to retrieve (I havent checked all of them - I shouldnt have to) which has to create uncertainty and doubt about what has happened to my board layouts and other schematics.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice