You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Meld Traces Together
2092 13
IBNobody 7 years ago
**Feature Request** **Brief title for your desired feature:** Meld PCB Traces Together **How would you like the feature to work?** Select two traces on the same net that overlap. Hit a hotkey to merge them. Alternately, if a trace segment is being dragged, make it auto-meld to any same-net trace it overlaps. **Why is this feature important to you?** Convenience. Say that I have the following trace... I want to move it around without tearing it up. ![Net1][1] I can move the trace segment on the bottom, and the app will adjust the 45 degree bends on the adjacent segments smoothly. ![Net2][2] However, I cannot move the trace segment on the left in the same fashion because EasyEDA treats it as an endpoint even though it is overlapping another trace segment on the same net. This is frustrating because it requires me to spend extra time fixing the ugly 90 degree bend that appears. ![Net3][3] [1]: /editor/20160823/57bb45b86b873.png [2]: /editor/20160823/57bb45d4e7ba4.png [3]: /editor/20160823/57bb45e0536a4.png
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
It is not clear from your screen shots exactly what is going on at the far left endpoint of your COL1_EXP trace. So that we can better understand the issue, can you make an example of this public? Thanks.
dillon 7 years ago
I think I understand.
IBNobody 7 years ago
@andyfierman It's on my only public project. Just look for any trace that is divided into two traces. The split happens when you drop a via or when you start a trace from the endpoint of an existing trace. I like the ability to split traces. It lets me tear up a section of my layout without having to tear up every trace that went through the tear up zone. The downside is that it ruins the ability to drag traces around.
xebit 5 years ago
Hello guys! Is there any solution for combining tracks?
xebit 5 years ago
Also, there is a great lack of connection from the nearest track to the nearest track / pad, in case the track is not finished, and not as it is now (from the pad to the pad). This would give the opportunity to finish the track as one segment. And also it's convenient, because you can see the nearest point where you can connect the track.
xebit 5 years ago
@xebit Corrected: Also, there is a great lack of display the connection (ratline) from the nearest track to the nearest track / pad, in case the track is not finished, and not as it is now (from the pad to the pad). This would give the opportunity to finish the track as one segment. And also it's convenient, because you can see the nearest point where you can connect the track.
xebit 5 years ago
Anybody can comment the question above?
UserSupport 5 years ago
@xebit Hi This case will be improved at v6.1, it is on the roadmap, thank you
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello, I approve this feature too
hobikit 5 years ago
ditto         .
lynxlabeling 4 years ago
Has this feature been added? I am on version 6.3 and I don't see a way to join two traces. I also request this feature. There are many use cases for it, usually when editing more complex routes.
dave-in-nj 3 years ago
I have two parts and I have not found how to join or merge traces.  still looking. I have created entire separate trace from Vcc to my parts, then point by point, just overlaid them over the existing trace.  PITA. If there was a way to create a trace that is on the same net\, then \*hopefully\* there would be a way to join\. tried to see if I could re-name the net....  no joy. =========== The OP had a second point.  If you try to drag a line one way, a whole new point is created and the traces start to go off in odd and unwanted directions.
andyfierman 3 years ago
If you are asking about a PCB created directly in the PCB Editor without first creating a Schematic and following the Design Flow in the Tutorial then please see: [https://easyeda\.com/forum/topic/How\_does\_the\_Connect\_Pad\_to\_Pad\_tool\_work\_\-JgQO0Ay7H](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How_does_the_Connect_Pad_to_Pad_tool_work_-JgQO0Ay7H) If not, can you post either an animated gif or the link to a public project that demonstrates your questions?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice