You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Migrating from EasyEDA Standard
741 3
GuitarBuilder 1 year ago
I find that migration from Standard to Pro is causing a lot of problems.  While the initial steps of selecting the standard projects and proceeding with migration seem to work fine, I quickly run into major issues right after: 1\. The Pro project shows as a "group" of schematics pages and a PCB\.  However\, they are not properly linked\.  Upon first clicking "Update Schematic to PCB" I always get the same error message about having to associate the schematics and PCB to a "Board"\.  This is very different from Standard\, requiring the user to create a new Board manually and associate the imported schematics and PCBs with the new board\.  This distinction between Board and PCB does not seem to exist in Standard\.  That seems to associate the schematics and PCBs properly\, right?  Wrong\! 2\. Once completing the above exercise\, updating the schematics to PCB generates a host of changes that are completely unnecessary\.  Net names and components are scrambled all over the place and a lot of work done in Standard is undone and now must be manually corrected\. 3.  Finally the process seems to be incapable of handling schematics with multiple sheets from Standard.  While the sheets are imported and are now in a "group", they appear as separate schematics (sheet 1/1 for each)  and not as sheets 1, 2, 3 in the sheet info blocks. It is entirely possible that I have some unique features in my Standard projects that could cause these, but I can't think of any.  If there is a proper configuration for Standard projects/schematics/PCBs that would prevent all these issues and allow for a smooth perfect migration, please do post this information for us to follow. If not, these are nasty problems that do not belong in a Pro version and I hope you will correct them without asking the user to make manual corrections or extra work.
Comments
rehsd 1 year ago
I haven't been able to even get that far. I have attempted migrating a simple project from Standard to Pro. I have yet to get it to succeed. All I get is a blank page. I must be doing something wrong. From my existing Standard project, I download the project as a ZIP. I then choose the Import Standard tile in Pro. It tells me the import was a sucess, yet all I get is a blank page. I have also tried creating a project from scratch, but the component selection is so limited I don't see how I can realistically create a project in Pro.
mijnmodelbaan 1 year ago
@rehsd _For what I understand_, you (the user) has to create a 'device' for use on the schematic and pcb. This device consists of a symbol (schematic part), a footprint (for the pcb) and a 3D model. If you have the device you can start creating your project. And if enough users create devices and make them publicly available, we'll have a nice library to choose from. But this'll take time (and users willing to share their devices...)
andyfierman 1 year ago
@mijnmodelbaan, And the User Contributed Devices have to be checked carefully. Ideally this should happen before they are accepted into the library rather than every user having to check every device before they use it each time they use it (because a contributor may have changed it).
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice