You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Missing tracks in a PCB but no obvious errors?
1326 4
Guest 6 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: My project is: https://easyeda.com/AlanC/4BitFrontPanel-vnzwSsqMm I am experience with EasyEDA but on my last board, all the traces are missing between the resistors and the LEDs and between the LEDs and ground. That is all the LEDs are floating in the PCB. There are no PCB design manager errors or unrouted air wires or schematic design manager errors but I note the Update PCB wants to make changes but I see no changes in the PCB view. I am **very careful** about wire links between all components in the schematic. It is an old design that has worked before and I just made some modifications to the schematic and PCB. Puzzled! Regards Alan Cooper
Comments
support 6 years ago
I can't understand your design. because this is a public project, so I link the gerber file to here. 1. can you check if your PCB design match your gerber https://gerber-viewer.easyeda.com/showcase/#!id=0af35973436e11e79ed5026a86b9cae7&type=top&layer_list=1-2-3-4-5 I need to know if the PCB house problem or the PCB editor bug 2. If not match, can you give me your PCB image and point where is the problem( the miss track)
andyfierman 6 years ago
#### The problem here is that: the missing ratlines and therefore routing is caused because the pins of the LED PCB footprints are numbered `1` and `2` whilst the **PCB pins** in the schematic LED symbols are called `A` and `K`. #### The solution to this problem is: If you EITHER: edit the pins on the PCB footprint to `A` and `K` OR: edit the pins on the schematic symbol to `1` and `2` and then do **Update PCB...** in the Schematic Editor or **Import Changes...** in the PCB Editor, the missing connections should appear as Ratlines. Then you can complete the routing. ### The BUG here is that if you already have an existing PCB design and then you do **Update PCB...** in the Schematic Editor or **Import Changes...** in the PCB Editor, *you do not get an* **Invalid Package** *warning* but: if you try to create the new PCB from the same schematic using **Convert Project to PCB...** *then you do get the* **Invalid Package** *warning*: ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170609/593a81526f308.png
Guest 6 years ago
Hi Thanks, Support: The Gerber will match the PCB. The problem was that the LEDs were left floating during the PCB Update. A previous (manufactured) PCB was fine but this version was not. Andyfierman: Yes you are right. I realised if I delete the LEDs and redid them it would fix it up. The puzzle was that the last time I had the board manufactured it was fine but a few months later it was not (the package data has changed?). I also realise that I should have paid more attention to the Update not clearing after the PCB had been routed. Although at the time I did not realise I should check if Updates had cleared or understand why the Updates may not clear after routing. Okay thanks again, regards Alan@support
Guest 6 years ago
All fixed, deleted the LEDs in the PCB and the Schematic. Replaced with "new" version of the 3mm LED. Completed the PCB, rerun Update, it showed no updates are required. I will have to do this is any of my old projects that use LEDs. The fault is that the 3mm LED packaging has changed. Regards AlanC
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice