You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Modifing a standard component
1235 9
reefhermit 8 years ago
Can I modify, for example, a TO-39 pkg by adding a 4th pin? Thanks, Ken
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi Ken, You most certainly can. * Please remember to give it a different name to distinguish it from the other available TO-39 packages. * Please also add some notes or information plus any relevant links in the **Description** section for the part. That way, because all the symbols and footprints you make are automatically made public in the library, other users have a clear understanding of what the package is. * Note that good quality, well documented symbols, footprints - as well as projects - can count towards you earning more free private projects space! :) Thanks!
reefhermit 8 years ago
Thanks for your response . . I was also asking how do I make the change! Looked in the tutorials but did not see the procedure. Will most certainly follow your suggestions when creating the part. Thanks, Ken
example 8 years ago
Oh, OK. Find the part closest to what you want using **SHIFT+F** then click on the **EDIT** button to open it in the appropriate editor (or in the case of any of the parts in the EasyEDA Libs panel: double click on it). Or open a new Schematic Lib (symbol) or PCB Lib (footprint) from the Document menu: **Document > New > Schematic Lib** or **Document > New > PCB Lib** You will then see that you have two floating tool palettes: a Preview panel and in the Schematic Lib editor a Drawing Tools palette or in the PCB Lib editor, a PCBLib Tools palette. The most important thing to remember about schematic symbols, is to place the pins (use the drawing board pin icon or the **P** Hotkey) with the joining blob end *outside* the component outline and not inside it! Please also see Gerry's great little tutorial: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How_to_Create_a_Schematic_Lib-NBuoGYgyQ PCB Libs are reasonably straightforward but remember that they are always viewed from the top or component side of the board so be careful to check the pin orientation against the information in the datasheet (which may require a certain amount of mental gymnastics to rationalise the two viewpoints). Through hole pads need holes in them and need to exist on all layers whereas surface mount pads only need to exist on the top layer. Try to find out if the hole sizes quoted in the device datasheet are before or after plating. It may not be obvious but can save the problem of the plating in holes taking up so much of the internal diameter that the pins no longer go through them! Finally, be sure to check that the pinout of the footprint matches that of the symbol and that both match that of the physical device. Never make assumptions about the pinout for a device. Always check. If you need a symbol that works in simulation then please make sure you use the new Spice Symbol: **Document > New > Spice Symbol** Simple Schematic Lib symbols may not work properly in simulations whereas symbols created using the dedicated Spice Symbol do. Symbols saved from edited, double clicked-on symbols from the EasyEDA Libs will automatically be saved as Spice Symbols since that is what they are to begin with. Is that enough to get you started?
reefhermit 8 years ago
OK thanks that was helpful . . . . I modified the TO-39 with a 4th lead. Please tell me how to "Tie" the schematic representation to the device I created. Also what is the procedure for labeling the pins correctly? Thanks, Ken
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/schematic.htm#UpdatePackage , you can select it and change the package attribute. You should check the pins careful, EasyEDA desn't check this at present.
andyfierman 8 years ago
If you are going to use the package in simulation then please also see: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Simulation-eBook/Schematic-symbols-prefixes-and-pin-numbers.htm#Schematicsymbols:prefixesandpinnumbers
reefhermit 8 years ago
OK, I was able to follow your instructions and change the pins on the part to match. All but one part is still a problem. There is a persistent label/name (using edit symbol)on the USB connector that is not associated with a pin and I cannot delete it. I think this is producing the error.
dillon 8 years ago
Can you give me an image of your schematic's Pins and package's pads number? Or you can share your project private to support@easyeda.com account.
reefhermit 8 years ago
Solved the problem by using another USB Mini pkg . . .
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice