You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Modify PCB automatically
396 4
Dario Sermasi 2 years ago
Hello everyone! I read FAQ and Forum: some asks about changing a component  (as example:away a resistor and a new resistor exactly in the same place) and then "Update PCB", "Remove old resistor, insert new one? Ok". But I don't understand if there a setup so that the position in the PCB remain unchanged; no problem in replacing the new component. But I think that there is a setup like " Place the inserted component in the same place of the removed one", but I do not understand where it is. Excuse my poor english (very OK having EasyEDA in italian!). Thank you very much indeed, Dario
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
[@](https://easyeda.com/dario.sermasi2012)dario.sermasi2012, Not sure I understand your question but "Learning Through Play" is a good idea here. Build yourself a simple dummy schematic and convert it to PCB then play with it to see what happens. :)
Thank you for the speedy reply. I tried as you wrote but I didn't solve the problem. I try to explay: in a circuit with all the components I have inserted about 20 SMD resistors, all connected to integrated circuits. In the PCB I have already placed the resistors so that the PCB is simple to make both as a PCB and as a component assembly. I then realized that I was wrong: instead of SMD resistors, it is much easier for me to mount resistors with leads to be soldered in the PCB plane below. In the PCB no problem as to space (the SMD resistor is much smaller than the one with the leads, but I have set a lot of space, to facilitate assembly). I started replacing an SMD resistor with the equivalent with leads: one at a time. Then I update the PCB; EasyEDA asks me "I remove the SMD one; I insert the new one. Is it okay?", I give him the OK; in the PCB I find the new resistor (while the SMD one has been canceled). But then I have to place it where it needs to be. It is not a great effort. But I think (but I can be wrong) that there is a setting, with which I tell EasyEDA: "When I replace a component, put the new one exactly where the old was". I hope I have explained. Thank you in advance, Dario
andyfierman 2 years ago
@dario.sermasi2012, Try this: 1\. Change the resistors in the schematic; 2\. Save the schematic; 3\. Then\, in the Schematic do: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/XztbxMreLdlCyZPnpaGoEVweZKgJcmUXpEBIqm1c.png) 4\. Save the schematic; 5\. Then in the PCB do: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/4yAfTELI8ARrE2kWlId8BgB9EfjhNgS22SfwUMFO.png) 6\. Save the PCB; 7\. Then \(in the PCB\) do: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Km4e3dNpCaV53CXgcwRtxQBU9Yw5ZGuasuDuhzJH.png) You will still have to re-route and may have to reposition the resistors so it does not help too much. :)
Thank you! In the afternoon I shall try. Dario
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice