You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Moving and rotating object using the API.
904 25
pommie 2 years ago
Hi All, I've got a board with over 200 LEDs on it and need to position them using code. I have a list of positions and rotations but can't work out how to do this in code. I can fetch the board using var board = api('getSource', {type: "json"}); and looking at the object, FOOTPRINT seems to be the area where my LEDs are stored but with a strange name (first is gge0c458c32494ef67c). Where (or how) can I find the position of LED1 and once found change it's position and angle? Or, is there a different API call to move/rotate objects? Looks like I need to use moveObjsTo but how do I find the name of the objects I need to move? I've tried api('moveObjsTo', {objs:[{gId:"LED1"}], x:20, y:20}); but think the name of the object is not LED1. Any help greatly appreciated. Mike. Edit, I've shared the project publicly (I think) under my user name (pommie). I think the URL is [https://oshwlab.com/pommie/tic-tac-toe](https://oshwlab.com/pommie/tic-tac-toe)<br> <br>
Comments
pommie 2 years ago
Just tried doing api('moveObjsTo', {objs:[{gId:"gge0c458c32494ef67c"}], x:20, y:20}); and it moved LED185 to somewhere of the screen. I need to move known objects to a position relative to 0,0, just like if you type in the X and Y position boxes. This is what I see,![EasyEDA.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/KPwKKuZDHzCN47if1CxVBaAVum6UAIyKvUZOmb5D.png) Thanks for any help. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Also, before executing the above script, my board was at position 0,0 and now it's at 246,-245. What happened? Mike.
andreasbernhofer 2 years ago
So, first of all, all coordinates the API uses are absolute to the top left corner of the editor. The origin marked in the editor is just a cross that can be at any position. To get the absolute position of the origin, read the canvas attribute of the source. e.g: ``` js let s = api('getSource', {type: "json"}); console.log([s.canvas.originX,s.canvas.originY]); ``` Also, all canvas coordinates used are in 1/100 inch. You can convert your own or use the API: ``` js api('valConvert', {type:'real2canvas',val:'20mm'}); // 20mm to canvas api('valConvert', {type:'real2canvas',val:'20mil'}); // 20mil to canvas api('valConvert', {type:'canvas2real',val:'20mm'}); // 20 canvas pixels to mm api('valConvert', {type:'canvas2real',val:'20mil'}); // 20 canvas pixels to mil ``` To iterate over (and then filter) selected objects, you can use this: ``` js api('getSelectedIds').split(',').forEach((k)=>{ footprint = api('getShape',{id: k}); console.log(footprint); }); ``` You can then move and rotate them. Hope this helps so far, I may come back to this later, have other stuff to do now.
pommie 2 years ago
That is very useful. I've now got the following script, `console.clear();` `var s = api('getSource', {type: "json"});` `var LEDs = [];` `for (let x in s.FOOTPRINT){` `    for(let i in s.FOOTPRINT[x].TEXT){` `        var id = s.FOOTPRINT[x].TEXT;` `        var name = s.FOOTPRINT[x].TEXT[i].text;` `        if(name.slice(0,3)=="LED"){` `            LEDs.push([name,x]);` `        }` `    }` `}`<br><br>`LEDs.forEach(myFunc);`<br><br>`function myFunc(value,index){` `    console.log(value[0] + "," + value[1]);` `}` Which gives me a list of LEDs and there IDs. Got to do other stuff now but will try using the moveObjsTo API call later to move things around. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Just to add, I don't like the way the forum removes all the indenting from the inline code. Is there a way to keep the formatting? Also, is there an edit facility for previous posts? Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
OK, I've got all the LEDs positioned correctly. However, rotation seems to be relative. If I say api('rotate', {ids:[id],degree:90}); it rotates the element 90 degrees clockwise - not to 90 degrees. Is there an equivalent to moveObjsTo such as rotateObjsTo? Yes, I have tried that. Thanks, Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Found a work around, if I select all the LEDs prior to running the script and set the angle to zero, I can then run the script with the angle negated to get the correct rotations. The finished article does look pretty. ![LEDs.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Ij1pG0Bu5L4xtJZ8024uaE1KaMhYAd9m5Ca7UeSN.png) Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Yes, I spotted it too, the wonky diagonal LED due to a typing error (34 instead of 45). Corrected now. BTW, thanks  [andreasbernhofer](https://easyeda.com/andreasbernhofer), your help is much appreciated. <br> Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
I've now routed the board and the autorouter reports 100% complete. ![Noughts1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/RtFmNp2tI63UBFxeu9hNnFCvLsEYFRh34B2PBYBd.png) But when I run a DRC it reports lots of errors. For example, ![Noughts2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/kZbLUXYm4IvWswIy5LaC4k5prd7BV08UdKIadArl.png) In the bottom left corner it states "Incomplete connection, please check" However, the connection looks perfectly good. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and if it is fixable. <br> Thanks, Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie You need to refresh the Nets folder
pommie 2 years ago
@UserSupport Thanks, new to easyEDA and didn't know if having components at strange angles somehow caused problems. It seems to have fixed (refreshed) itself now. How do I refresh the nets folder in the future? Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/o2lR8SbNqvp1v8O4GrG96G9gcw5ZwVI9XAzqzk1X.png)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@pommie, "Is there a way to keep the formatting?" Try Blockquote? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MzSmWh1Yjq6yEWILIPNq0zhb1eR2LCVhnCFzkAAS.png) "Also, is there an edit facility for previous posts?" ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/fAxZ8yY1sQn9TrjPgDwDhovZHFJMzaAxJHGNVD2u.png)
pommie 2 years ago
@UserSupport As can be seen on the screenshot above, the refresh icon is hidden on my monitor. I can hide that pane but don't seem to be able to make it wider. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie You can resize the sidebar ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/SAUwt2VBBUpxHK1BW5laQZAvW2dzgxkpKE8k1gNM.png)
pommie 2 years ago
@UserSupport I tried that but never get the resize arrows - it darkens but the arrows never show. Using Chrome on windows 7 as it says in the corner. Mike.
Hey, great progress 🥳 I actually switch the editor to "Markdown" mode (bottom right) when posting code. You can then surround code with three back-ticks (fenced code block) like this: ``` ```js /* your code here */ ``` ``` For absolute rotation you could probably also use the `updateShape` API call. I can give more information on that if you like.
eric 2 years ago
Another solution: ```` js // example script for moving PCB objects var canvasConfig = api('editorCall', {cmd:'canvas_config'}); /** * @param {string} id * @param {number} x * @param {number} y * @param {string} unit - One of 'mm' | 'mil' | 'inch' */ function moveTo(id, x, y, unit) { var xPx = api('unitConvert', {unitOld: unit, unitNew: 'pixel', value: x}); var yPx = api('unitConvert', {unitOld: unit, unitNew: 'pixel', value: y}); api('moveObjsTo', {objs:[id], x: ox + xPx, y: oy - yPx}); } // usage moveTo('gge0c458c32494ef67c', 20, 10, 'mm') ``` ````
Okay, the fenced code block inside the fenced code block worked fine in the preview but not in the posting ^^ You'll have to look up "markdown fenced code block" yourself ;) sorry for the mess
pommie 2 years ago
@eric That code would be fantastic. However, the problem was going from a prefix (LED108) to an ID. [andreasbernhofer](https://easyeda.com/andreasbernhofer)'s example above got me there. I'd still like to know how to set a rotation or get a rotation so the required rotation can be calculated. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
@andreasbernhofer I would like more information on updateShape if that will let me set an absolute rotation for an object. Mike.
@pommie sorry, short update... couldn't get `updateShape` to work with footprints... But you can use this to get the current rotation and do an absolute rotation: ``` js id = api('getSelectedIds'); shape = api('getShape',{id: id}); currentRotation = parseInt(shape.head.rotation); targetRotation = 170; api('rotate', {ids:[id],degree: -(targetRotation-currentRotation) }); ``` basically, the rotation is read from the `FOOTPRINT.head.rotation`
pommie 2 years ago
Thanks, All worked perfectly except any objects with rotation zero which returned NaN!!! No idea why and easily fixed (bodged). Mike.
Lee Hudson 2 years ago
@pommie  I don't suppose you'd be able to post your final source code would you please? I'm doing something very similar, that would be very much appreciated if you could! Many thanks lee
pommie 1 year ago
Hi Lee, Sorry, only just saw this, do you still need it? Mike.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice