You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Multiple PCBs with different Schematics in one Project
7190 14
tachchen 4 years ago
When working on bigger Projects that require multiple different PCBs with their own schematic, i always have to create multiple Projects to handle that. I think it would be more convenient to be able to create multiple schematics and assign each one their own PCB within the same Project. As an alternative it would be nice to be able to create folders where you can place all (sub)projects that belong to one (master)project.
Comments
dogancoruh 4 years ago
I think "creating folders" choice will be applied by EasyEDA after a while... :) Because schematic mechanism has built on which one single schematic file with multiple sheets assigned to single pcb file...
JTBro 4 years ago
Please implement this. It makes no sense that it wasn't this way from the start.
Chris DePrisco 4 years ago
Yes, I've been looking for a way to do this for days and just found this topic. I was very surprised to see this wasn't the default behavior.  Each schematic should link to its own PCB.  Multiple pages in a single schematic would all still be linked to the same PCB but it seems that making a new "sheet" in the bottom left cornet simply makes a new schematic - and all schematics in a project are all lumped together in one PCB, which is weird. Think of it like Excel.  A single file has multiple sheets but they are all contained in one file.  The same behavior I would have expected here.  A project can contain as many schematics as you wish, each linked to their own PCB.  If you want multiple schematics for one PCB, you can create multiple sheets in one schematic - like in Excel. But there needs to be a simple way to have a project with multiple PCBs.  Right now I have a project that consists of three PCBs.  I have to have all three PCBs laid out next to each other in the PCB file and they are all trying to connect with ratlines and complain that they aren't connected every time I import changes or do anything else. I'm seeing now that the only solution is to have them each in a different project file, but that's not correct.  They are all part of the same project; they should all be in the same project folder.
Retroverkstaden 4 years ago
I agree! I just wanted to do this and found this thread. I have a project with two sheets. In my mind, I thought that meant I could create two different PCB layouts, but no. Every sheet is smacked into one PCB layout. The boards connect together in the final installation with a piece of wire in between. So I guess, I have to create a new project just to make the second PCB by itself? Not ideal!
andyfierman 4 years ago
What if the "Project" folders for individual PCBs and associated schematics could be placed in a single "Product" folder? I think the folder names may need to change to better represent this usage. The top folder probably should be the "Project" but I would not want to see what at the moment are called the "Project" folders renamed as "PCB" folders because not all schematics end up being converted to PCBs. For example I create a lot of simulation schematics which are not intended to be converted to PCBs. Perhaps the lower folders should just be called "Sub-project" or "Design"
lbwa 3 years ago
I don't understand why this is not standard. The system supports multiple PCBs, but maybe someone is using this for versioning. (?) At the moment when I update the PCB design, I have to remove all the unwanted components from my other schematics in the project - and then manually remove them from my BOM file also.
GerritMax 3 years ago
Basicaly like this. That way you can store every schematic / pcb from one project in one main folder. ![folder in folder.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/sQsAtWgXUVGL336cNmPzEovnafNcxnZAqk3Fzt5V.jpeg)
EdHayes3 2 years ago
There seems to be several posts on subfoldfers. This is the most active. I'd like to see this feature too. @GerritMax Packard Bell? I haven't heard about that brand in probably 15 years. Trip down memory lane! e-Machine anyone? ha!
andyfierman 2 years ago
FWIW, according to Wikipedia, both Packard Bell and eMachines were acquired by Acer in 2007/ 2008. The eMachines brand was discontinued in 2013.
Michael McAdam 2 years ago
I agree, would be good to maintain multiple PCB's linked to different schematics in the same project. +1
GerritMax 2 years ago
@EdHayes3 Sorry for the very late reply, health issues and other interests have kept me away for a while. Yeah, Packard Bell Easynote tj65. It was handed to me from a friend that had several laptops and just gave them to me to do with as I pleased. Must say this laptop still performs pretty well, only issue is that the "Shift" buttons don't work. One solution asround that is using the one screen keyboard for that.
shiftalpha 2 years ago
One year later and still not possible to create independent sub folders in a project. What a pity!
jthompson8 1 year ago
Very disappointed to find EasyEDA team dont seem to cear about this feature, i used to do this all the time with Autodesk Eagle and was horrified to find it was not possible in EasyEDA to find a thread years old with loads of other people wishing to be able to do the same thing and the EasyEDA team just ignoring it is quit disappointing would it really be that hard to have the "Design / Update PCB" button check if there is a PCB with the same name as the active Schematic and then update just that PCB and if the file was not present amuse the schematic is global and update the PCB with the project name?
UserSupport 1 year ago
@jthompson8 You can Pro edition, Pro edition support this feature
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice