You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
My long list of gripes
963 9
terryjmyers 6 years ago
1. Exporting to a PNG (and probably other things) does not show NPTH solid regions (in board cut outs). For example, File->Export>PNG-> Active File->Image. Does not clearly show cutouts. 2. Cannot name a package the same as a Schematic. You can, and it works, but it just throws an error. Try creating a schematic lib and a PCB lib with the same name 3. Rapidly selecting menus in the parts browser does not "keep up" with my mouse clicks. One would expet it to ultimatly show the last thing you click on, but it does not 4. when Editing a project selected from https://easyeda.com/projects/mylists, The Contect box is required to have something in it, even if it had nothing before. I just wind up putting a period(".") in the box just so I can hit SAVE 5. when Editing a project selected from https://easyeda.com/projects/mylists, "Unknown" is mispelled in the License drop down 6. When editing the component from when https://easyeda.com/projects/mylists, by pressing the "hamburger menu" to expand a project, then selected edit on the individual components, the green SAVE button has chinese characters. Also pressing SAVE doesn't actually do anything. Its like this popup doesn't actually do anything 7. Changing the layer of an imported image does not automatically mirror the image like a component. One would expect it to do this so you can put a logo on the bottom of the board. 8. You cannot edit a footprint from a component you find via search. For example, search for TL431 and choose the first one in System Components. Now if I wanted to create my own and modify the footprint slightly, there is no obvious way to do this. 9. There is no way to get rid of an empty schematic library "folder". For example I have one under Schematic Lib called "Schottky Diode". Its completely empty and useless and there is no way to delete it. 10. After highlighting a component in the parts browner it automatically assumes I want to place it even though I never press the PLACebutton. Even if I hit cancel, it places the part on the cursor ready to be placed and I need to press ESC to get rid of it. Example: Select Parts, highlight any random part, press cancel. The part is ready to be placed. Why?! 11. Sometimes when I have a PCB that is less than 100mm x 100mm it wants to charge me $5. I wait a few days and its back down to $2. 12. In the parts browser the PCB library is called "Package" in the user menu its called PCB lib. You can calling the same thing two different names in two different places
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi Terryjmers Welcome to EasyEDA,please make sure you using Chrome or Firefox. 1.At my side, the solid region export to a PNG is looking good. if you want it to show clearly, you need to set separated layer. ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] 2.If you have created a lib as Lib1, then you can't create the second lib as Lib1, just like you can't create two files as the same name at one folder.But you can create sch lib and PCB lib with the same name, because they are difference doctype. 3.Not really understand this issue, please clarify. 4.We will improve this in new pro version. 5.We will improve this in new pro version. 6.We will improve this in new pro version. 7.Yes, we will provide this at the feature. I have added this in todo list. 8.For none personal lib, You have to clone it or edit it ,and then save as your own lib, when it is your lib, you can re-assign a package for it. https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/SchematicLibs.htm#Edit-SchematicLibs https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/Schematic.htm#Update-Package 9.This is a known bug, we will fix this. 10.It is designed for the purpose, when you select a component you will enter the place mode. but we can improve the cancel button operation. 11.The discount of $2 for 10pcs PCBs can be used on one order only, when submit your shopping cart each time. 12.At new parts Search dialog, we change to PCB libs. sometimes, the package, footprint, PCB lib they are the same thing. thanks [1]: /editor/20171211/5a2e709470e61.png [2]: /editor/20171211/5a2e70e1def75.png
terryjmyers 6 years ago
Thank you for your very thorough response. I figured a couple of them were me just not knowing how to do something. 1. The NPTH still does not print properly. I think the only reason it shows up in your picture is because you have a flood fill that clearly shows its outline. For example, I am unable to clearly see the NPTH slots cut out in my project here: https://easyeda.com/terryjmyers/Precision_Voltage_Reference_copy-d601e8ca03ab409a8e9dfcc9fd1675d2 3. In Parts> My Parts. As an example say I have three labels: label1, label2, and label3. If I click on label1, all of the components with label1 show to the right. If I click on label1, then while its loading, click on label 2, then quickly click on label3, label1 components load. But in that scenario the last thing I wanted was label3 8. When I clone a components, I don't want to have to find or select a different footprint. I want the schematic and the footprint to be cloned, then I can just tweak the footprint a bit. In other words, when I clone a components, it would be nice if the schematic for that component appeared in My Parts>Schematic Lib, AND the footprint that the schematic uses to ALSO appear in My Parts>Footprints. That way I can just go into Footprints, tweak it, and immediately use the component. In other words, cloning a part should clone the schematic to schematic and the footprint to footprints and ensure that they are linked up 11. Yeah...I probably had something in my cart already. Thanks for explaining this.
terryjmyers 6 years ago
opps..it auto numbered. They should have been responses to.. 1 3 8 11
terryjmyers 6 years ago
I'd also like to add that the EasyEDA platform is fantastic for someone like myself doing personal projects and some small commercial products. I certainly am NOT complaining about these minor issues, especially because the platform is free. I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into making this platform as easy to use as possible. The documentation is fantastic, the interface is simple and intuitive (and I develop HMI interfaces for industrial control for a living) and feels very much like a full desktop application. The PCBs are delivered to North Eastern USA within 7 days, and have always been quality work. I just wanted to express my gratitude instead of just offering "gripes".
terryjmyers 6 years ago
OK so for number 2, I am unable to rename my PCB footprint called "SZOMK AK-W-32A 125*67*40MM**f**" to "SZOMK AK-W-32A 125*67*40MMf". I have no other footprint called that. I can only surmise that since I have a schematic named the same, that this is preventing me from renaming it.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@terryjmyers Hi The NPTH still does not print properly. I think the only reason it shows up in your picture is because you have a flood fill that clearly shows its outline. For example, I am unable to clearly see the NPTH slots cut out in my project here: https://easyeda.com/terryjmyers/Precision_Voltage_Reference_copy-d601e8ca03ab409a8e9dfcc9fd1675d2 > Please copper the PCB and try again, when you copper it, you will see it works. In Parts> My Parts. As an example say I have three labels: label1, label2, and label3. If I click on label1, all of the components with label1 show to the right. If I click on label1, then while its loading, click on label 2, then quickly click on label3, label1 components load. But in that scenario the last thing I wanted was label3 sometimes the server loading needs sometimes, please don't switch too quickly. When I clone a components, I don't want to have to find or select a different footprint. I want the schematic and the footprint to be cloned, then I can just tweak the footprint a bit. In other words, when I clone a components, it would be nice if the schematic for that component appeared in My Parts>Schematic Lib, AND the footprint that the schematic uses to ALSO appear in My Parts>Footprints. That way I can just go into Footprints, tweak it, and immediately use the component. In other words, cloning a part should clone the schematic to schematic and the footprint to footprints and ensure that they are linked up Yeah...I probably had something in my cart already. Thanks for explaining this. Because the schematic lib and PCB lib are the different libs, even they have the link, we don't know the user whether needs to clone the package, so we only provide clone the lib self. the package you have to search it and clone. Welcome to give us more suggestions. :) thank you.
terryjmyers 6 years ago
Thanks for your replies. > Please copper the PCB and try again, when you copper it, you will see > it works. I'm sure that it will however this is an undesirable in the program. Perhaps show the NPTH cutouts a different color? > sometimes the server loading needs sometimes, please don't switch too > quickly. Yes I understand, however this is an undesirable behavior in the program. Multiple requests will be received by the server, and multiple requests will be sent back. Perhaps implement some javascript on the client side that if more than 1 request has been made, wait and only show the Nth request. You could even add a "please wait..." graphic to allow the user to know that something is happening and not to get too impatient. Of course you'd also have to have some reasonable timeout > > Because the schematic lib and PCB lib are the different libs, even > they have the link, we don't know the user whether needs to clone the > package, so we only provide clone the lib self. the package you have > to search it and clone. Sure. However this is an undesirable behavior in the program. Perhaps ask the user which they would like to clone: schematic, footprint, or both.
daxter 6 years ago
wow I never saw someone complain so much :v
terryjmyers 6 years ago
Yeah I know...I just felt like the last responses were "Yes those are problems, don't do that". Kind of like a semi-famous joke: "I told my doctor it hurts when I raise my arm like this. He said: don't do that". :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice