You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Need help for understanding copper GND
330 8
Abdullah Anwar 4 years ago
Hello  everybody Noobi is here, From what I understand we can create a copper layer  for the PCB which could be GND or VCC. My question is how the copper layer is connected to GND or VCC of the circuit? Is there any connection I should do between my circuit and copper layer? I really don't understand Any help would be appreciated Thanks for your time
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
click the copper outline, change its net at the right-hand panel.
I think you got me wrong What I'm trying to say is how the copper layer connect to the power supply?
andyfierman 4 years ago
@seetcas, Your question is unclear. Are you asking about: 1. adding a Copper Area to create a ground or supply plane area on a 2 layer PCB or; 2. how to define one or more of the inner layers to be used as ground and power planes in a multilayer PCB?
Ok let me clear that for you Copper layer for GND If I'm making a copper layer GND then there should be a physical contact between my supply source GND and copper layer GND, am I right? If so where is that contact located?
andyfierman 4 years ago
Still not clear if you are talking about making a copper area on a layer or using the feature that allows you to define an inner layer as a ground or power plane. Either way you need to set the net name to be the same as that of the net you want the copper area to connect to (GND or VCC etc.). If there are any pads on the same net surrounded by the copper area then when you do shift+B to rebuild the copper, it will automatically connect to the appropriate net. Or run a track from the nearest pad into the copper area. You may need to add vias to connect SMD pads from other layers. For  dedicated copper layers then the same rules apply but you may need to add via to connect to the same net on other layers. Build yourself a simple test project and play with the tools to get CD the idea of how EasyEDA works before you launch into a bigger project. :)
@andyfierman Well, You got to the point " If there are any pads on the same net surrounded by the copper area then when you do shift+B to rebuild the copper, it will automatically connect to the appropriate net" Thank you very much now I understand how that works, One more question if I make top layer as GND and bottom layer as VCC Will component on top layer still be able to connect to vcc on bottom layer with out any conflict? and vise versa
andyfierman 4 years ago
"Will component on top layer still be able to connect to vcc on bottom layer with out any conflict? and vise versa" As already explained above: You may need to add vias to connect SMD pads from other layers. For  dedicated copper layers then the same rules apply but you may need to add via to connect to the same net on other layers. Anywhere you have through hole components then you do not need to use a dedicated via as through-plated multilayer component pads connect to all layers.
@andyfierman Thanks for making things clear
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice