You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Net not routed not shown as error.
913 21
pommie 2 years ago
Maybe I'm missing something here. I have a board that is routed and I manually changed two components and manually routed them. After routing I knew I'd deleted a trace I hadn't reinstated.To be sure I highlighted the trace, here's what I saw, ![Net1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Q5GuCBuPOrkVYmSlyq1YBb4XmyG3yNnGl6bQAtPy.png) After refreshing the net list it showed all nets routed. However, the vertical trace in the picture is on the bottom layer and not connected to the horizontal one. Without highlight, ![net2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/a2gNh2SnjGITqzuzugcuadPtkIUa2eJVUJFF1jcB.png)
Comments
UserSupport 2 years ago
this via can connect with top and bottom ![图片.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/QFHEezxyOfOm8Dto59O4Ym4uxNxlzzFvsMPV7JMK.png)
pommie 2 years ago
For some reason, it (the forum software) won't let me add anything to the above - is there a post size limit? Anyway, carrying on from above. As can be clearly seen, the two traces - although the same net - are not joined. I've now manually routed the traces and run the net and drc checks again and all's well. See, ![net3.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dfFLw9DNpm0uHqvzgHbNfqorHGGlqqHrBbnsL0KH.png)
pommie 2 years ago
I seem to have reached the limit on the second post too. My question, how can anyone rely on the net check when it clearly failed above? Thanks, Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
> this via can connect with top and bottom I know, but why isn't the error shown? How do I know there aren't other errors I'm not aware of? Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie why need to show error?
pommie 2 years ago
Isn't that what refreshing the Net list is supposed to confirm? That all 318 of my nets are routed successfully? Are you telling me that some nets might not be joined to each other but are still classed as routed? Had I not spotted the above then my boards would be scrap even though no errors are reported. As I said, "maybe I'm missing something". Please explain the use of the net check. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie If the net has free object, the net name will show red alert, and you can see the ratline
pommie 2 years ago
> @pommie If the net has free object, the net name will show red alert, and you can see the ratline That is what I assumed but not what happened. See the above screenshots. Yes, all nodes of the net were routed but the net in question was two traces that were not joined and no error was shown. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
Send your PCB to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) I will have a look
pommie 2 years ago
I don't have the board anymore - it's been updated. However, I made a test circuit to see what would happen. This is the PCB partially hand routed - 1 trace not routed. ![router.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/gwBRZS15D4MXpXFOfYzCNP3klCu32t1PDg75Cffm.png) I then ran the Auto Router and this was the result!!! ![router.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/lNba3uLULVHJrruXOVUZdxgvfxRFe9QwWyw9sCTu.png) Why didn't the auto router complete the PCB? It did show up as a net error and a ratline but still a very strange result from the auto router. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
you can use Histories Record to recover the old version at left PCB right-click menu, when you recover, export the PCB as EasyEDA file, and then close PCB dont save. the autorouter issue seems auto router's bug
pommie 2 years ago
Just done a different test, on the modified board, I highlighted a trace thus, ![track.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TonLCcA4amKB3MZSY9trbHd6SW5vDfcL0742tZyU.png) I then deleted this portion, ![track.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zK2ntg7vjzMHkL9QqOG4BGHonfQUK0ktVD2UBSbR.png) Thus, ![track.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/t0TcqouoQARw3Yh6kOZvfI1UQ6HQphHQ2yqaSshz.png) With the track broken I get no Net or DRC errors. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie Did you refresh the net folder manually?
pommie 2 years ago
I certainly did and the DRC folder. No errors or ratlines show. Find a PCB that is completely routed, select a long trace and delete a bit in the middle, see if you get the same result. Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
DRC foler will check the net, you should refresh the Net folder I need your file to investigate this issue
pommie 2 years ago
I refreshed both the Net and DRC folders. I can delete the middle of ANY track and it won't show an error - try it. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
I just went back to a board I ordered 28th Nov 2020 and the same thing happens. It is not isolated to my current board. Try it!!! Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
The Auto Router bug isn't a bug at all. If part of a net is routed then the auto router ignores ALL the net. How is this useful? I often want to hand route a small section of a board and let the auto router finish it off. I did this today and two of the routed traces were part of the supply nets. The auto router left ALL the rest of the supply nets unrouted but reported 100% success. NO ERRORS. Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
Can you post a link to a simple public project that demonstrates this behaviour? Your test PCB project above should be sufficient
pommie 2 years ago
Get any board. Route 1 little bit of the ground net, run the auto router with "Skip Routed Nets" checked and it'll not route any of the rest of the ground net. I know that is exactly what it says it will do but I expected it only to not route nets that were complete and it would still complete part nets. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Any update? Mike.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice