You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Newbie problems with parts
1338 14
mchahn 8 years ago
I've been doing a schematic for days and it has gone great. Very nice tool. Now I'm trying to clean things up to start on the PCB. Some questions/problems ... 1) A lot of parts I found and used don't have packages. Even simple ones like jumpers/headers. Is this normal? 2) I created a new part and package. I've specified that package for the part. But when I start to create the board my part shows as an error with no package. BTW, I submitted this package and part for the library but they are untested and may have this problem. 3) I used an existing part that has 7 sub-parts. When I finished the schematic I noticed that six were U2.? but one was U12.?. I tried to change the prefix U12.5 to the correct U2.5 but I got an error saying the prefix already existed. But I can't find U2.5. When I do a ctrl-F for U2.5 I see nothing in the page. I deleted that sub-part but I can't replace it without the same problem. My one project is public so feel free to play with it. Off-topic: The project will be copyrighted eventually, how is this normally shown?
Comments
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, 1) from your public project, lots of components are created by users, so it is normal that no package, you can find the package or build package by your self. 2) https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/schematic.htm#Update-Package you need to set the package on the schematic. if you create the part before the schematic, no need to set package manually. you can select the `U1`, the package is `NONE`. 3) I don't know, but your schematic is OK. You can set the copyright at https://easyeda.com/my-projects
mchahn 8 years ago
@dillon: Thanks. I understand 1 and 2 now. I am still confused about 3. You say "but your schematic is OK", but my sub-part is labeled U13.5 and not U2.5. When I go to PCB it thinks there is a part U13 and there isn't. How do I fix this? Should I edit the source for the schematic?
mchahn 8 years ago
I just fixed #3. Neither double-clicking on the prefix nor editing the prefix in the attribute field worked. But I discovered that editing it in the symbol editor let me change it with no error.So there is some problem in the software but it is the only problem I've run into which is unusual in sw this complex. BTW, this UI design is awesome. For some reason I couldn't find the tutorial page when I started (there should be a link from the help icon) but I just started using it for 2 days with no problem. There were some confusing things like dragging with mouse vs arrow keys and selecting multiple from upper left vs upper right but now that I've read the tutorial they make sense. It will be even easier to use now.
mchahn 8 years ago
> there should be a link from the help icon Duh, it is there. I don't know how I missed it.
mchahn 8 years ago
Another question: I want a short wire stub to stick out from a part so that I can just add a net label. I can start the wire at a pin and drag to make the stub but how do I exit wire mode and leave the wire stub there? If I hit esc it disappears. I've tried return, space, W, etc.
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi Mchahn, Welcome to EasyEDA. Click on the grey dot that appears at the end of a component pin when you hover over it to start the wire (left-click if you need to add more than one corner) then **Right-click** to end the line. Then left-click to start a new wire or `Esc` or **Right-click** again to exit. Note that you can also start a wire by pressing the `W` Hotkey. Please have a look at: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/introduction.htm#Basic-Driving-Skills :)
mchahn 8 years ago
Thanks again. The right-click works fine to make a stub, although right-clicking is pretty hard on my touchpad. Speaking of my touchpad, it is impossible to right-click drag. There appears to be no way for me to pan other than unselecting everything and using arrow keys. I tried the D key but all it does is change the cursor to a hand. It still behaves exactly the same as it did as the pointer. Sorry to bother you so much. I am learning quickly though and it gets easier and easier the more I learn. I'm redrawing my schematic a third time to get it to the quality I've seen on other ones.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, EasyEDA is not good for touchpad, because we think draw a PCB can hardly without a mouse, right?
mchahn 8 years ago
Yeah a mouse would be nice but I don't have one. I'm working fine with the touchpad. Can you explain what the D key does? As I said, I get the hand symbol but it doesn't drag the page.
dillon 8 years ago
D key is for move components without wire following.
mchahn 8 years ago
One hopefully final question. Is there a way to show negation on a net label, maybe a line over the top? If not, is there a labeling convention for negation? Can I type characters like \ or _ at the beginning of a name?
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, This is a feature, we add it to TODO list, but we have a long TODO list. need some time.
josefus41 7 years ago
Excuse my lack of know-how but this is the first time. How to change the value of a component e.g. 1K to 4K? Tks
andyfierman 7 years ago
Double click on the value text in the schematic, edit it then click back anywhere in the schematic canvas. Or edit the value in the right hand Properties panel. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice