You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
[SOLVED] No Solid areas not removing copper in Footprint
519 9
andyfierman 3 years ago
I have created a footprint in which the rounded ends of the left and right hand top layer pads are to be squared off by removing them using a pair of top layer Solid Region set to No Solid. I the screenshot below, the upper No Solid region is highlighted. The lower region can be seen as a thin red line. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/2t6BQWLKOMYSy2eA1O3fRFbdygljbqCvWxQxsjFi.png) The problem is that the gerber files show that the No Solid regions are having no effect: ![wedge_base_gerber.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/noGz5PE8ZZiLZL5xXUEHtUpTnhbnTLvF2s5vZDZB.png) The image above is from gerbv. The JLCPCB viewer shows the same: the rounded ends are not cut off by the No Solid region.
Comments
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
Afaik "No Solid" only affects solid regions and copper areas, not tracks, since they are usually placed deliberately into such regions. You can create the desired shape using a solid region instead. It supports Arcs and straight lines as contour.
@andyfierman oops, didn't see that this was posted as bug report by you 🙈 But I'm curious, did you use tracks to construct the round shapes on the sides?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, Hah! My secret!! No, seriously: I used Arcs and then converted them to Pads. I applied them but the No Solid regions did not remove the copper of the Arc ends _before_ I converted them to Pads. ;)
I knew it ;) But I actually don't think this is an error. "No solid" regions remove copper from Copper Areas, but not from Tracks, Pads or Solid Regions. And I actually expect this to be by design. I would expect that I can place parts into "No solid" areas and connect them just fine. E.g. for placing a PCB antenna footprint into a "No solid" region that is surrounded by the copper pour of my PCB. ![2021-02-16 19_28_26-Window.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/fy5F7npuMbqXmob3ACvhbTHRoawAlNy8i21wNsGd.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, Good point. I'm not sure but maybe it is possible to create the shape as an Arc then convert it to a polygon and edit the points to square off the ends and then convert the polygon to a pad...
mrtom528 3 years ago
@andyfierman, Something like this? _ ![NO-SOLID-CREW_01.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uKY6cYI1x8XM90qrhzikUYx3dPbYGW4ldhwJrrrL.png) ![Untitled-2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/2jNud7KKicet6ZpAp4kQ4GmnyUk3aH485dYjdRka.png) _ Regards.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@mrtom528, @andreasbernhofer, Yes. And it's easy to do because the pads are polygons so I can edit them to square off the ends using the Edit Points tool. So, I've marked this as SOLVED. I may edit the title and change it to a Tips and Skill topic later on. :)
mrtom528 3 years ago
@andyfierman, Splendid. I opted for a comnpletely different method, I was just making sure I was aiming at the right goal. I created a circular array of 'tracks' of length equal to the 'width' of the curved pads, 360 of them. I then deleted what I didn't need, selected the rest and hit 'expose copper'. I added a small 'pad' in each for DRC numbering but wasn't sure if it was a requirement. Pretty easy to do in hindsight although it did take several G+T's to get there. _ Regards.
andyfierman 3 years ago
That's where I was going wrong. I just had tea and a bun!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice