You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Non Square Component Pad
362 3
ProblemSolver 1 year ago
I am designing a Slipring PCB and I'm trying to create a custom component that requires a non-square rectangle pad. From the centre of the circular PCB I need to design a 64mm radius commutator that will comprise of 96 commutator segments for the full 360 degrees. The EasyEDA tutorial on creating components has been easy to follow to date, I have no issue with creating the Schematic component, however I still need to create a solid copper footprint for the PCB component, that nobody else appears to have created (so I am unable to copy and modify someone elses existing footprint), what I need is a pad that overall is 7mm high, the top line of the rectangle needs to measure 4.00mm, however the bottom line of the rectangle edge needs to be 3.6mm, and this is the problem for me. The rotational angle to the next copper footprint is 3.75 degrees. The footprint description only has one box for the width of the rectangle and a second box for the height of the rectangle, but this is not what I need, is it possible to use the copper design tool to custom create the pad, but at the moment, I don't believe that option being availabe to me? Any assistance in this matter would be much appreciated.
Comments
UserSupport 1 year ago
you can use solid region to draw a shape and then convert as pad
ProblemSolver 1 year ago
@usersupport I attempted this earlier today and I was unsuccessful. I'll give it another go, thanks!
andyfierman 1 year ago
You can create the wedge shaped pad directly in the Footprint Editor using the **Layer = Top Layer** and **Shape = Polygon** drop-down attribute options in the right hand panel: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/de9csD3QEKJmy9tSrcrpTL7eVfjQdHd2C37P0rlV.png) Then, to illustrate using a more tapered pad: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5BTQ8BlCJOpFBdsVbvm94gUJ8Nb8HCaUWoGiUe6f.png) Copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V), then **Select** and use **Format > Distribute Array**: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/FDGUchCUsrgFssllNmZsfrnEJ45yhKYc8irmFMm8.png) Click OK (you may have to play with the **Item Rotation** a bit to get the right pad orientation after the circular distribution): ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/tQcKhXVp38Ykp3slfF71dAjxVa4iIwf7DLAYMx4Q.png) Note that the pads will all have the same number so they will have to be renumbered manually. Done: Save with a clearly descriptive name and with a clear Description.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice