You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Off board connections
788 4
anoop 4 years ago
Hi, When it is needed to place wires to an off board transistor, how do we draw the schematic that wouldn't generate net error ? I'm attaching a screen shot for clarity. In the image the E2 is a going to a device and all others are coming from different devices to the board, there are errors because those are open points. How can we avoid and properly design a board ? Thanks in advance. Regards. Anoop. PS : I'm not able to attach image, neither jpg, jpeg, png etc. \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-O E2 \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-O E3 \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-O E4 \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-O E5
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
Hi in the project, all schematic sheets will combine as one to convert to one PCB, doesn't support each sheet converts to each PCB
deskpro256 4 years ago
Hi, for that I'd just use a male or female pin header. That will give you ability to have actual pin headers there or just soldering pads to use for the wires. That way you can have the net have 2 connections and won't give you errors. I made a test schematic to simulate what you have. This is how it would be in the schematic: ![s.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/M6ovaORnn9CCmyyaBwsCJpP7umzts3vaM7ewjU8t.png) This is how it would be on the PCB: ![Screenshot_1.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/frOlnp45m2grsAwVB7Z6ZWcPUHHmGmKN1hsJZjdm.png) Hope this answers your question and helps you in your project!
anoop 4 years ago
Hi thanks for the reply, in the end i did the same, but I was wondering if there any better or proper way to do it. Regards.
andyfierman 4 years ago
@anoop, You should be able to drag and drop an image into a forum post. If I understand your question correctly, you have a circuit on a PCB which has to connect to a transistor that is not on that PCB. Suppose, for example, that you have a transistor that needs to be mounted on a heatsink but the heatsink is not mounted on the PCB. Suppose you want to connect from the PCB to the transistor by 3 wires which will be soldered to the pins of the transistor and connect to the PCB by a 3 pin connector. You can show this in a schematic by having the transistor in the schematic as normal but instead of assigning a PCB Footprint for that transistor to the Package attribute, you assign the PCB Footprint for the connector that you have chosen. When you do Convert to PCB... the PCB Footprint for the connector and not the transistor will be pulled into the PCB  . Note that the BoM - and therefore the parts which you order using that BoM - will call up the transistor and NOT the connector: you have to add the connector by manually editing the BoM. If you just want to solder the wires into the board then you can still use the idea of assigning a connector footprint. You find a connector with a pad hole diameter that suits the wire diameters that you are using to connect to the transistor and assign the PCB Footprint for that connector to the transistor Package attribute and then just don't buy the connector! For more about this sort of situation, please see Section (2.2) in (2) in: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice