You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Overlapping copper areas on the same net don't fully merge.
1798 6
demianaa 7 years ago
Not sure if this is a bug or necessary for some reason I haven't realized. Overlapping copper areas on the same net don't fully merge, unless they are connected by a *via - that is; both overlapping the same via in the same net. *(via/pad etc.) Examples: -- ![Copper area 1][1] Highlighted: main GND copper-area. -- ... ![Copper area 2][2] Highlighted: overlapping GND copper-area. -- ... ![stitched][3] Stitched with via. -- ... I don't think the stitching via should be necessary here..? Browser: Firefox 49.02 on Window 10 [1]: /editor/20161029/581493ae726ef.jpg [2]: /editor/20161029/581494525a75d.jpg [3]: /editor/20161029/5814949924e17.jpg
Comments
demianaa 7 years ago
This is of course easily solved by making the overlapping area larger.
andyfierman 7 years ago
I think this would work too: make the Gnd area cover the whole region and then insert a copper shape assigned to the VCC net. Not sure: not tested this.
demianaa 7 years ago
Yes, that would work - however if You want thermal relief (spokes etc.) then a copper shape isn't ideal. The attached images are mainly to demonstrate the "quirk", not a worst case scenario where You might have an inner copper area that covers several parts, pads etc.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Good point. I have just tried it and as you say: you don't get copper 'spokes'. I can also confirm your original post: two or more overlapping copper areas with the same net name do not connect to each other without a via assigned the same net name through an overlapping area. Running a track with the same name into each of the overlapping areas does not work: there has to be a via.
ErginDemir 3 days ago
The bug still persists after 7 years.
haidy_easyeda 2 days ago
Hello, if you are experiencing the same issue, please take a screenshot of the error as well as your query and contact me by email and I will assist you with the error.Email add:[haidy@easyeda.com](mailto:haidy@easyeda.com) @ergindemir
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice