You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
PCB zoom image choices are not to scale - would like custom option
527 5
mbratch 2 years ago
If I choose zoom level 100%, the image is not close to proper scale. It is approximately 10-20% smaller than true scale. I would like to see an enhancement to EasyEDA that allows user to enter a reasonable scale, like 110% or 115%.
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
On my 17 inch laptop screen a 180mm by 80mm PCB at 100% comes out at 179mm by 79.5mm. Not sure why the exact onscreen scaling matters that much since accurate dimensional measurements can be made using tools in the editor (**M** hotkey or **Edit > Measure** or using the **N** hotkey for the **Dimension** tool on the PCB Tools palette) and any component sizing and fit checking is usually done by printing an assembly drawing 1:1 as a pdf.
mbratch 2 years ago
@andyfierman thanks, that's great information. It may very well have to do with different display scale settings in Windows. My display settings are for a 15-inch laptop with 1920x1080 resolution and 125% scale. This a fairly common setting for a 15-inch high res display. I suspect the 125% may be affecting the zoom scale. I've written Windows apps before and there are lots of display settings to take into consideration when placing and scaling the screen for the user. I suspect EasyEDA doesn't take it into account. A custom zoom would be a sufficient work-around for me.
mbratch 2 years ago
@andyfierman and I agree, actual dimensioning would be done by some other means than the display zoom. I just find it to be very convenient as a quick visual check of what the board will look like. The zoom scaling offset affects the layout editing as well as the 2D and 3D rendered views on the display.
mbratch 2 years ago
@andyfierman just as a quick check, I set my screen scaling to 100% (which makes things in general a little small to read) and now the scaling is just about dead-on. So it is the display settings scale factor that affects it.
andyfierman 2 years ago
I was wondering about trying it on a couple of different PC/OS/monitor setups that I have. Might be interesting to see if there's any difference between  browsers too... :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice