You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Package Problems
901 8
dsrkane 7 years ago
**Cannot convert to PCB with newly made custom packages** While trying to update a schematic with a new Molex header, I ran into problems using the PCB Lib I had just created for the new header when trying to convert to or update a PCB. I worked on the problem for some time, believing I must have made a mistake, but to no avail. I even tried downloading the easyEDA source of the PCB Lib and reuploading to a fresh PCB Lib as suggested elsewhere on these boards, but unfortunately this didn't work. I then killed my Chrome tab and started a new project, as detailed below, to see if I could recreate the problem. Sadly, as you can see, I can. This is a blocker on all work for me currently. Steps to reproduce bug: 1. Make new PCB Lib 2. Stick down six rectangular pads, no holes, pins 1 to 6 3. Save PCB Lib 4. Make new project, make new schematic 5. Place SIP-6 part 6. Assign the freshly made PCB Lib as the package 7. Try to convert to PCB Results: ![Verify package error][1] Expected results: Should simply build to PCB with placed package Browser: Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit) on macOS Sierra 10.12 *This is the first bug I've run into that truly breaks things, but I love the software so far - been using it for some time! Keep up the good work, folks - it's really great! :-) * [1]: /editor/20161112/5825fe59e941f.png
Comments
dsrkane 7 years ago
(The possibility still exists that I've just been a massive eejit somewhere, so apologies if that's the case, though I have tried to troubleshoot for an hour before bothering you guys!)
dillon 7 years ago
Are you sure you have created the package?
thorbadmin 7 years ago
Hi Dsrlane, I find you have created a package name *0430450606*, but you use the package as *430450606*.
dsrkane 7 years ago
Yes - I noticed that it tends to drop the leading '0', but that name was something I tried after the original problem appeared, in case the presence of commas in my original title was the source of the problem. At first, the package was called 'Molex 0430450606' etc and matched the package field. The package is definitely created and definitely matches the field - see below image. This was a package I created after the problem had appeared and is very simple - only six pads. The problem, as you can see, still remains, unfortunately. ![Package problem][1] [1]: /editor/20161114/5829aa6947306.png
support 7 years ago
Thanks for your report, we will try to fix this ASAP ( 24hours)
dsrkane 7 years ago
Great stuff - thanks again, folks! :-)
support 7 years ago
We have fixed the problem, but need more time to test then release the code. At present, you can change the package name to others to avoid this. such as 'Molex O430450606', and reset the package in your schematic. change the zero to letter O. the code can't work when there is a long number with 0 start. Thanks for report this
dsrkane 7 years ago
Super! Really appreciate the quick support and workaround! Thanks!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice