You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pads and Solder Mask question
5624 8
alftel 6 years ago
We have PCB design where we use pads without holes, just as copper artifact - the reason is that we need exact size and location/coordinates to maintain plus some other geometrical considerations. Bottom line is that design is done, everything looks exactly as we need, but areas where these pads are turn out as exposed copper areas (as it supposed to be). Question that I have is the following - is it ANY way I can explicitly cover pad with solder mask such as it will not show as exposed copper? (our pads are not multi-layer and do not have any holes). I saw similar question posted in 2015, but answer was not clear. Any advice or instructions how one can accomplish it? Thanks a bunch for helping!
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi 1.enable the solder mask layer. ![snipaste_20180326_142952.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/F1xCQVLNNiMlt0mP7SRHBSxPihCAuKsMMKB7n65N.png) 2.switch to solder mask layer and draw a rect, ![snipaste_20180326_143038.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/xA8U5bJq97nOCcpED0mMUPvHbS9S0ND8UXPEmf3m.png) for the pad, the editor will add the solder mask automatically when generating the gerber.
alftel 6 years ago
Thanks for trying to help me, but whatever you are suggesting does exactly opposite - I need pad to be covered with protection layer, not to be exposed. Drawing rectangle does exactly opposite thing - it does expose copper. Any other ideas?
Tutorials 6 years ago
You need to generate the gerber, before send it to fabricate, you can delete the solder mask layer.
alftel 6 years ago
Sorry, I probably completely failing to explain what I am trying to accomplish. Here is what I have: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/3A2tLS4LyfIuxJUpflf9zk5DSQvPHqa9YYBqzsv9.png)  - as you can see pad object in yellow here shows as exposed copper - I need to cover it with protection masking layer. Is it more clear now? After doing what you are suggesting the same area looks like this in editor: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/cm7fTwtwST9yRtxD8oBgF6pR4sEzhSglABYclCRD.png) and like this in gerber view: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/GrjQjPpcvNnEuyCJ2u3Zvi7h1SDNgwPI6SEgTITk.png) in other words it does opposite to what I need. Is my question more clear now? Similar question was posted back in 2015, but I don't think it was answered to the point of proposing a working solution. [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Solder_Mask-1qkCUc6oG](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Solder_Mask-1qkCUc6oG)
andyfierman 6 years ago
@alftel, I haven't tried this but in Version 5.3.14 you seem to be able to assign an **Solid Region** to the TopSolderLayer or BottomSolderLayer, i.e. top or bottom solder mask layers. Does this work for you?
Robio 4 years ago
Draw the shape you want with **Solid Region** feature and then right mouse button -> **Converter to Pad.**
lemayjulien 4 years ago
if you draw a region in my experience it remains covered with green mask unless i explicitly click on "expose copper", and eve then resizing requires that I click it again
andyfierman 4 years ago
@lemayjulien, That is true for an area of copper created as a solid region or as a copper plane area and then having an aperture in the solder mask layer created over it. When a copper area created using a Solid Region is converted to a Pad using the right-click context menu **Convert to Pad**, that region is then converted a pad defined as a polygon. The Solder and Paste Mask apertures for this pad then resize with any change to the pad position or size.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice