You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pads with non plated holes
1621 12
gmperf 5 years ago
What am I missing? I want a pad on the bottom layer, with a non plated hole through it. When I put a pad on the bottom layer and them add a hole diameter to the pad properties, the pad them becomes multi layered. If I change the pad properties back to bottom layer, the hole size goes to zero. If I put a pad on the bottom and then put a hole though it. the hole then becomes plated and electrically attached to the bottom pad. I have had two PCB boards made. One has the Pad holes plated, one doesn't. When i look at each PCB layout side by side, the settings appear the same for the pads and holes on both boards. Yet one has plated holes and one doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi Single layer pad doesn't support plated hole, you need to use multi-layer pad.
gmperf 5 years ago
Hello, I want a pad on the bottom layer (single layer), with a **non plated** hole through it. Thanks
gmperf 5 years ago
@gmperf Hello, I want a pad on the bottom layer (single layer), with a **non plated** hole through it. When I put a pad on the bottom layer and them add a hole diameter to the pad properties, the pad them becomes multi layered. If I change the pad properties back to bottom layer, the hole size goes to zero. Thanks
UserSupport 5 years ago
You can please a hole on the bottom layer pad.
gmperf 5 years ago
@UserSupport When I place a 12 mm pad on the bottom layer. Then I make the Hole(D) 5mm on the pad properties, the pad changes to multi-layer. Does this mean the pad will be on the bottom layer ONLY? The hole will be multi-layer? Thanks!
UserSupport 5 years ago
yes, you need to place a hole on the bottom layer pad instead of set a inner hole for it.
gmperf 5 years ago
@UserSupport I did that on two different PCB boards produced. Both had pads on the bottom layer. This is what I did - "you need to place a hole on the bottom layer pad instead of set a inner hole for it." One production PCB had plated holes. The other PCB did not have plated holes. Any idea how I can prevent plated holes with the next order? Thanks
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi “you need to place a hole on the bottom layer pad instead of set a inner hole for it.“ I mean like this: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/tSQufOAsZ6mGnP2maWAgArFINMAUscM2tZCJUnRO.png)
andyfierman 5 years ago
@gmperf, Use the Hole tool on the PCB tools pallette, not the hole attribute of the pad.
gmperf 5 years ago
@andyfierman Got it. Thanks "Use the Hole tool on the PCB tools pallette, not the hole attribute of the pad."  **This is what I did.** Two PCB boards, the same boards with minor changes made. Board Version 1, board Version1.1. -minor changes made. (note: minor changes did not include pad or hole changes) Board Version 1 **did no**t have plated holes. Board version 1.1 **did** have plated holes. Went back and looked at prior produced board, most of those had plated holes. All had holes made with the Hole tool, not the hole attribute of the pad. This is why I asked the question. Thought I was missing something. It now appears to be a bug in production.
andyfierman 5 years ago
Please post this as a Bug Report (it will get more attention that a discussion thread in the PCB Layout section of the forum). Thanks.
gmperf 5 years ago
@andyfierman I will do that that. Thanks for the clear and concise responses.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice