You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pads with holes on single layer do not show holes in photo mode
2206 9
sinelari 7 years ago
Hi! :) I have 3 types of pads for my double sided PCB. I will be mounting parts on both sides. All parts are through-hole parts. One side, the top layer, has room for only LED's. The other side, the bottom layer, will be mounting several resistors. I am using 3 types of pads; top, bottom and all-layers. The DRC shows no errors on the layout. When looking at photo mode, only the holes that are "all layers" show up with holes on both sides. The holes for the other two types only show up on one side of the board. I want every hole to go through the board. Photo of both sides are below. Notice the tiny hole on the top for a via. Notice the pad next to it on the bottom side layer with the green arrow pointing to it. Notice on the top view of the board, that hole does not exist. That is only one example. There are approximately 50 other holes that are missing. Am i doing something incorrectly, or is this an error in the software? ![Holes are missing from single layer pads][1] [1]: /editor/20160427/571fadcf85f27.png
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
This may be a bug in the way single sided pads are dealt with in Photo mode. The final arbiter of what the PCB will look like is the Gerber's because it is from these files that the PCB is fabricated. This why we very strongly recommend that you download the Gerbers and check them carefully using the free and open source software 'gerbv' Gerber viewer program. :)
andyfierman 7 years ago
gerbv runs on Linux and Windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbv/files/gerbv/gerbv-2.6.1/ Most Linux distributions will have a version of gerbv in the repositories. (There's also a newer Windows only version, gerbv-beta). There is a port of gerbv for Mac OS X. More about gerbv: http://gerbv.geda-project.org/
sinelari 7 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks again for the help, Andy. You're terrific. I d/l'd the software, and looking at it... it only shows layers. There is no way to show it like the photo mode, one side, or the other... so... i guess a hole is a hole is a hole though. It shows them all, at least. :) Do me a big favor and report the bug to the devs, okies? Pretty sure you can explain it better than me. Thanks again :)
andyfierman 7 years ago
I will post a bug report... ... but the technically correct answer is that if you are building a multilayer PCB using through hole parts then it is good practice to (i.e. you should) **always** use `all layers` pads. If you are making a more than 2 layer PCB then you **must** use `all layers` pads. :) But I will post a bug report...
sinelari 7 years ago
@andyfierman In this instance... the requirements are daunting. One side of the board requires almost all of the parts... in fact... mounting all of the LED's on that board leave NO ROOM for any resistors. So picture if you will, a completely loaded board filled with LED's spaced at about 2.5 mm between each of their leads and only slightly more between their housings for room ( with lands ). Now the fun begins... the task is to mount 9 resistors on the other side, AND make sure they do not have lands that touch the other side lands simply because there is so little room. I will show you the full picture... :) TO make matters even more fun... the LED's can only be soldered from one side of the board... ( since i solder by hand instead of having a wave machine ) ;) ![ A tight fit for tight requirement][1] [1]: /editor/20160427/571ff0ef089f5.png
dillon 7 years ago
Hi, EasyEDA development team members are EE, we never design a PCB just on one layer pad with holes. will add this later. Yes you can use gerber viewer to check it . BTW EasyEDA team just build an online gerber viewer you can check it out at http://easyeda.cc/showcase/
sinelari 7 years ago
Will check it out, Thanks! P.S. The board above, uses two layers. To avoid vias, i jump traces through the parts. Because it is so compact in size, if i use a land on one side only, and another nearby also only one side, i can squeeze more area because the holes are not too close, and the lands are far apart. In that situation if i were to use a full "all layers" pad, it would give an error in the DRC. So besides using 2-dimensional space to separate the pads... i am also using angular distance. Make sense? ![Too close?][1] [1]: /editor/20160427/57201c337a257.png
dillon 7 years ago
Thanks. and good idea.
Mr-Auto 5 years ago
There is a way of achieving this first, you make all pads multilayer download gerber files\, you need only the "Gerber\_drill\_PTH\.DRL" file from this\, put it somewhere then you change the pads as you need\, top\, bottom or multilayer\, again download gerber files and replace "Gerber\_drill\_PTH\.DRL" with the old one\, you can check the result in any gerber viewer
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice