You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Parts too small to be soldered?
834 7
Chris Nelson 4 years ago
I submitted my design and received a response saying: "As shown below, there are some parts which package is small, all, and we cannot solder it. Thus, we won't solder it, ok?" No, it's not ok. I'm using a PCB manufacturer because I can't solder SMD parts myself... "Can we just make it as shown in the picture?" I thought that that was what I was asking for when I submitted my gerber file, but apparently there's a difference?... I then asked "Can you tell me what 'package is small means' and how I go about fixing this?" to which the response I received was "The package is small means that the size of the part is small." Ok, now that  have my answer this raises some new questions that I hope someone here can shed some light on. 1\. Is the part too small to be soldered\, or is there some other possible problem? For instance\, a track or via that is too close to a segment of the part\. 2\. If there are in fact parts that are too small to be soldered\, why are these even available in JLC's parts catalogue? Can anyone suggest a possible fix for this? Do I need to find "larger" parts to replace the "small" parts? Thanks in advance for any help.
Comments
deskpro256 4 years ago
Well, this probably is more of a question for Support, but at least tell us what kind of package is creating the problem? All we know here is that some mystical part is too small, so we can't really have any input about your problem. Also we can't see you project to know if the part is too close or other problems. > 1\. Is the part too small to be soldered\, or is there some other possible problem? For instance\, a track or via that is too close to a segment of the part\. If you have set your design rules according to what JLC capabilites are and there were no design rule errors, that can't be a problem. [https://jlcpcb.com/capabilities/Capabilities](https://jlcpcb.com/capabilities/Capabilities) > 2\. If there are in fact parts that are too small to be soldered\, why are these even available in JLC's parts catalogue? Beats me, I'd have the same question, but there should be an answer from support.
Chris Nelson 4 years ago
> Well, this probably is more of a question for Support Clearly. I've asked these questions to support already. The answers I got were less than helpful, which is why I've brought them here. Here are the mystical parts in question. Sadly, I can not read (I'm assuming) Chinese, and can't decipher what is written in the red text. ![ab68b6c40926446cb087625c11c5dc3d.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ddfKzhPvIWVc6lzpDUfNo8MsRZotHwxODW7FKA8D.png) > If you have set your design rules according to what JLC capabilites are and there were no design rule errors, that can't be a problem. There are, in fact, DRC errors, but they don't correspond to the parts listed in the email sent by support.
andyfierman 4 years ago
@cnlsn007, Can you not copy and paste the chinese text into an online translation tool?
andyfierman 4 years ago
Or use the live from camera translation option in Google Translate? The heading in the second column from the right inside the red border seems to be "Whether to mount" and the red glyphs under it are "No" (Sanity check: the glyph in that column in the last PC2 row is translated as "Yes". So your next move is to identify the problem parts and go back to JLCPCB support and ask, for each part, something like: "These parts are chosen from the list of parts that are for use in your SMD PCB Assembly. Please explain why can you not mount them? For clarity, please illustrate your reply with a picture."
cjohnson 4 years ago
JLC should have no problem mounting 0603 or 0402 parts. I translated your screen shot and a lot of the far right column says "no pad" or "excessive spacing" or something like that. Translation isn't perfect.
Chris Nelson 4 years ago
@andyfierman I've emailed support in the manner you suggested. This is what I received back: ![Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 12.04.42 PM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5WfsALSB429uv9rPhlPakNpIzps7O93ch16UCpqy.png) This raises more questions. I'm still a novice at this, so please forgive me if this was something that I should've caught in the tutorial... 1\. This SMD resistor \(R2\) is an example of "our engineer can't find the pads for this component"\. Now\, when you place a non\-SMD resistor\, the pads are part of the resistor that is imported\. Is this not the case with SMD resistors and if so\, do I just manually add pads underneath the resistor? ![Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 12.08.28 PM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TTvYFoVaPCzNK5G1rmt5d9Ky15h3mZb3kCRAMPbx.png) 2. This SMD resistor (Z1) is an example of "the pad's distance is more big than the footprint of the component". I have absolutely no clue as to how to go about fixing this one... ![Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 5.22.38 PM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Qi0NIlduXPmZzY4OlHxXV8is7puladpmisrRF1kk.png) 3. This SMD resistor array (RN1) is an example of "there are too much distance between the component location and real location". Is this a problem with the way that the gerber file was converted? A design error on my part? ![Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 5.40.53 PM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wa4OiFiIUtDD7VPKUW0a8NV95EE6vGvajFYjdvnZ.png) 4. This 8 pin amplifier (IC2) is an example of "there are 2 or more components in the same location". I tried to use a more extended view for this image. Again, I'm unable to determine how there is more than one component occupying this area. ![Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 5.58.27 PM.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qzTL4CuiT3WydlfROMAC9zCyDKC17x7zCP1CIvpn.png) Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Your project is private so only you can see it. We need to look at your project in more detail so you'll have to either share it or ask EasyEDA support if you can add them as team members to it.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice