You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pin to Pad assignment of a component, how to edit easily?
7694 12
as_axelschmidt 8 years ago
Hi, trying to create a pcb I get "Invalid Package". Symbol and package of component came from different sources. Effort to cure: Compare and edit using "Edit Pin Map Information" of symbol and pad properties number of package. Result: Still get "Invalid Package" Question: Is there any convenient way to edit Pin and pad properties side by side in one table?? Better would be a kind of graphical assignment via airlines between symbol and package. regards, Axel
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
`Is there any convenient way to edit Pin and pad properties side by side in one table??` If what you're asking is: `Is there any convenient way to edit Pin properties for Schematic symbols and pad properties for PCB footprints side by side in one table??` then the answer is no but you could open a second browser window to look at the schematic in one and the PCB in the other and look at the pin properties that way. Literally, all you have to do is make the properties for the schematic symbol and the PCB footprint the same. So if you have a schematic symbol for a Diode with pins named `A`, numbered `1` and `K`, numbered `2` then the PCB footprint pin number properties have to be identical. Even if you have a schematic symbol where the pin numbers have been given non-numeric names such as for a Diode with pins named `A`, numbered `ANODE` and `K`, numbered `CATHODE` then the PCB footprint pin number properties still have to be identical. BTW: - If you have edited a library part to make your own version, have you saved it to **My Parts**? - There's a handy Hotkey to edit pin information. Just select the part and type `I`. :)
Hi Andy, thanks for the reply! Yes, that was the question! @all you have to do...: well, doing that for more than 30 Pin/Pads and finding no fault is a bit annoying and frustrating because there is still some "hidden" fault. @BTW: yes, I saved symbol and package to my parts @BTW2: Same as double click.... I found no "Edit Pad Map Information" for the package like "edit pin map info" for the symbol. Do I really have to double click pad after pad of the package to get the pad properties and to check and modify the value of "Number"?
andyfierman 8 years ago
`I found no "Edit Pad Map Information" for the package like "edit pin map info" for the symbol. Do I really have to double click pad after pad of the package to get the pad properties and to check and modify the value of "Number"?` At present, there is no other way. :( `"Edit Pad Map Information" for the package like "edit pin map info" for the symbol` I have raised this as a feature request. :)
IMHO: Better might be the following: Common Table for the component: Left hand all the pins of the symbol, right hand the pads of the chosen package, user has to "move" the pad to the corresponding pin. But let us avoid any typing!! So the relationship should not be based on equality of the names but it should be a link structure which belongs to my component.
dillon 8 years ago
We are stuck on this, EasyEDA's good point is our customs can use cloud components, some one will share components to you. the bad is some time you may use bad package. About edit the pin and pad, we will try to find a way to better, it is not easy, you know some time the package is not belong you, you can't change. We use https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/convert.htm#PCB-Libs-search-order to search the package. First find your package, if not, we search system ( which we think is good enough) , if not we search your favirate package from others, or we told you that we can't find you need to create one by your self.
Thx Dillon! **Yes, the easy access to a huge database (cloud) of symbols and packages is a very important feature of EasyEDA! It was the main reason why I give EasyEDA a try right now!!** @ search sequence: perfect, well implemented! @ search in the cloud: perfect, easy, well implemented! @ "bad" symbols/packages: well, such is live. As long as I have a good preview (like EasyEDA does it) I can take the best one. **But I need an easy way to match pads with pins!** If you have symbols and packages from different sources you will have differences regarding pin and pad names!! No problem, if you can assign them easily. The way of changing pin or pad names is not a proper way to do it! This is a very weak point of EasyEDA IMHO. Why? E.G.: I use a component "TEENSY 3.x All Pins". Search gives you a lot of hits for symbols and packages, fine. BUT: Pad and pin names do not match completely. For two days now I try to edit symbol/package to match and don't find the remaining bug. Still getting invalid package error when creating pcb!! This is extremely annoying!! IMHO a far better way than edit pin/pad name would be to assign the pad number to the pin number in a side by side view. Then you can also see if there are missing pins or pads. Have a look how Diptr... is doing it, that's almost perfect (they have other weak points;).
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, Thanks for your time. You can save the package and compoent as your own, then you can edit them very easy. Find them as templates. edit them as your own. I think every one should manage their own components, or we will get bad PCB some days. Never trust a complex compoent or package. In schematic libs, we also have a pin map function. SO18 SO-18 SO_18 are diffirent, maybe. Yes, I like `Diptrace` too, it is good on components and Package map. using ratline. because it is locale.
andyfierman 8 years ago
I'm thinking out loud here (in a post? how does *that* work?)... It would be nice if a pin map function could be created for PCB packages but from many years doing schematic capture and then designing PCBs for the schematic, I have always found it best to create my own symbols and packages. That way I can add whatever information I want to the symbol such as manufacturer, links to datasheets, supplier, supplier part number, link to suppliers page and so on, as well as being absolutely sure that the pin names and numbers *and* the SPICE pin order are correct. Then I can also be sure that the package is physically correct and that the pin names and pad numbers are correct too. It takes a long time to do this, especially to begin with but over time I can build up a library of known good symbols and packages which I can then re-use without having to check them or even to spend very long searching for. Perhaps we should have a user rating system for symbols and associated packages (because there may be different packages that can be associated with the same symbol). The more stars the better the quality of the symbols and packages. Or maybe even restrict the rating system to dedicated symbols for each package variant so that there is only one symbol/package pair for any device in a given package. So there would be a symbol and a package called a 2N2222_TO92 for a 2N2222 in a TO92 package and another symbol and a package called a 2N2222_SOT23 for a 2N2222 in a SOT23 package. Again, tedious to set up but then, when you search the library, you can immediately see exactly what the symbol and the associated package are for and what quality users have given to the pair.
I am 100% with you regarding "smaller" analog components transistors, mosfet, opamp...... No problem to check and modify attributes and shape (package). But with a micro controller having 40 or more pin/pad pairs you don't want to click on every pad..... @rating: Pretty good idea, it should be component based (component = symbol + related package). Keep in mind that you get often components as smd and through hole. But there is another variable: solder process (reflow or wave e.g. need different shapes of pads)? Perhaps you can add "confirmed by user xy" to that component? But: Unfortunately I am working now with bigger digital non standard stuff like teensy3.1. Quite handy module avoiding handling with small pitch micro controller etc. Good for rapid prototyping. Teensy has 50 Pins and some more Pads in a proprietary package. You really do not want to create that from scratch, especially knowing that you get the symbol and the package via search in EasyEDA ;) I spent hours in comparing and editing pins and pads, still EasyEDA is not happy with my work. Heaven knows why! Perhaps some blank or hidden character among the numbers, don't know... Any idea, how to find that out? Please, a pad map :) BTW: It's weekend!! What are we doing.....
dillon 8 years ago
Do you find the schematic lib pin map? you can keep the package pad number not change, you just need to change the schematic lib's pin to match the Package you don't need to change both.
andyfierman 8 years ago
The schematic lib pin map for symbols is good but I think the problem is that you still have to check every pad on the package to compare it against the schematic lib pin map. For example, suppose you have a symbol that has a 30 pin package. Now suppose that for some reason the pin names or the pin numbers have been made invisible. The user can open the schematic lib pin map for the symbol and see all the pin information in one table but for the package, the user has to click on every pad, one at a time, to see and edit the package pad properties. A PCB lib pad map that works the same way as the schematic lib pin map would help a lot. What we really want is an enthusiastic user to write a plugin to do this! https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/new.htm#Open-File-Format https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/new.htm#API-Plug :)
Andy: 100% agreed!! That's exactly the challenge! Unfortunately my Javascript abilities are kind of limited, sorry. Dillon: Yes, I found it, but... look what Andy has written... Problematic are different character sets, Germans have ÄÖÜ, French have `´ and other strange stuff which is not on my keyboard. Not everything is already converted to UTF8/16.. But just a blank behind a number is enough to drive you crazy with your approach. You will never find that.... Dear Dillon, the following you should read tomorrow, today is Sunday, happiness, family you know.... Seeyou tomorrow ;) Just to make you understand what I mean, give my a favor and open a schematic, search for symbol: TEENSY_3.1_ALL_PINS_AND_PADS place it on your schematics, create some connections. Take a beer, better two. Send your wife (GF, perhaps kids) to a safe place and create a PCB. The package of your choice is: TEENSY_3.1_ALLPINS All you have to do is what you described.... Have fun ;)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice