You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pop-up Warning when applying copper area
855 7
Thermas 6 years ago
I get the following warning when I attempt to apply a general copper fill to the entire board, exclusive of tracks: Warning EasyEDA does not allow inner board outlines cutout. Please use SolidRegin or HOLE. That is exactly how it appears, including the misspelled word ( I'm pretty sure it's meant to say "solid region"), but I don't know what it means, or how to fix the issue. I am not even sure if I'm asking for outlines to be cut out. Using a solid region instead of copper area obliterates all tracks, so no. I could apparently fix the problem with a hole, but it is not obvious to me where the hole should be placed. I was actually trying to avoid holes other than the ones for the pinheader. Any solution for this available? Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. Thermas
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
The warning is telling you that you have two board outlines, one inside the other (or maybe they just overlap). This could be by accident or because you have tried to make for example a circular PCB with a circular hole in the centre like this: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Ring_of_PCB-5NZWUu42C If this is not what has happened then check your board outline for accidental loops, no matter how small. To make a pH with a hole in it you must have only the outside board outline and define a hole using the Hole tool or draw the sorted using the Solid Region tool set to NPTH (non-plated through hole). BTW, the typos will be fixed in the next big version update. :)
Thermas 6 years ago
@andyfierman Thank you for the prompt response, Andy. I think I set the outline more than once, so keeping in mind your comment, I deleted the outline and expected to find another one "underneath". No such luck, and now I'm more puzzled than ever. Any how, I made the project public to make it easier to get a second opinion on the error. I only called attention to the typo so people wouldn't think it was mine, but also that makes sure they get corrected eventually. I'm going to run the cursor over every pixel of that board now, to see if I missed something.
Thermas 6 years ago
It's here: https://easyeda.com/Thermas/Charger-6dc1452fefaa408d9185b859006f575e
Thermas 6 years ago
Just to close the loop. I have fixed the issue, but I don't know why. The problem was solved by replacing the USB connection with a different one (still USB A, SMT male, but someone else's version). Error warning went away, I'm happy but none the wiser.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi Thermas After checking your PCB, when hide all layers without board outline layer, you will see the USB1 has using the board outline to be the hole, you can edit this footprint to fix this. ![enter image description here][1] 1.edit USB1 at "Parts" , and save . delete USB1 in PCB and import changes, the correct USB1 will place on PCB. 2.or ungroup USB1, and then delete the board outline, using the hole/solid region instead of it, and group USB1 [1]: /editor/20180224/5a90fd7b64f9b.png
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi I have fix this CONN_USB_A_MALE footprint, you can delete USB1 and import changes to fix this now. I am using a pad to instead of this board outline to be a hole. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20180224/5a9103345a154.png
Thermas 6 years ago
@Tutorials Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you for four days(!) but I wasn't able to work on my project. I think I understand what the issue is now, thank you for clearing that up. When I went to install the edited version, I didn't know which one you fixed, so I just picked one with a schematic symbol and a board footprint, and edited it myself using your recommendations. Everything is good! Thank you again for all your help.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice