You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Potentiometer component
1117 7
wraadefects 6 years ago
Would it be possible to have a potentiometer such as RV16AF-41-15R1-B100K where only the solder pads are visible in the PCB layout, therefore I wouldn't have to worry about the yellow outline going over the edge of my PCB? Many thanks
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Two points. The silkscreen to the edge of the PCB is not a problem for the PCB fab house. If you really don't want silkscreen near the edge of the PCB then you can clone an existing package and save it with a unique name (append something to say no silkscreen) and then either swap the silkscreen onto the`Document`layer or edit the silkscreen so that only the off board part of it is on the `Document`layer.
wraadefects 6 years ago
Thanks. Previously when the silkscreen went over the edge of my PCB a warning came up advising this was not allowed. I have created a PCB part "16MM POT, SOLDER PADS ONLY" although I will rename it as you advised. Now I am trying to create a standard potentiometer schematic symbol to link to it, but the literature I have found with instructions appears to be out of date, or is 404. How can I copy/edit an existing potentiometer schematic symbol and link it to this PCB part? Thanks again.
andyfierman 6 years ago
You can either: 1) clone a library part, save it with the same name as your footprint then edit the footprint assigned to the symbol to that footprint. Remember to edit the BoM attributes for supplier, supplier part number, manufacturer, manufacturer part number and description. Or: 2) double click on a pot symbol in the EELib and then then edit the footprint assigned to the symbol to that footprint. Remember to edit the BoM attributes for supplier, supplier part number, manufacturer, manufacturer part number and description.
wraadefects 6 years ago
I'm double clicking "3386P" in EELib and editing the assigned footprint via Footprint Manager, thn saving as "16mm_potentiometer_no_silk_screen". When I convert 3386P to PCB it does not convert to my assigned footprint. Also there is no option to edit BoM attributes. Where am I going wrong please?
andyfierman 6 years ago
Check that the name you have given to your PCB package complies with: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Net_and_Part_naming_conventions-uOHBvN5nh then check that the package attribute that you have assigned to your schematic symbol is **exactly** the same as the PCB package name. For more help you'll need to make your project public or share it privately with my username at EasyEDA. :)
andyfierman 6 years ago
Bear in mind that the RV16AF-41-15R1-B100K that you have been playing with is a rear mounting pot so the spindle has to pass through the PCB. That is why it has the full silk screen drawn in. Remember also that the silkscreen also shows the area within which you must not place other components so removing it is not a good idea.
andyfierman 6 years ago
**My mistake: it is the RV16xxxx-30 series that is a rear mounting pot with the spindle passing through the PCB.**
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice