You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Power Line Resistance Calculator
599 5
MikeDB 2 years ago
There is a length measurement which is good for high speed balanced tracks, it would be good if I could click on two points and the resistance between those points via ALL parallel routes could be calculated and displayed.  I agree not easy to calculate but it would help highlight 'hot-spots' where the whole power supply line is going down a narrow track.
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
I guess you would want this to apply to parallel copper-only paths?
MikeDB 2 years ago
@andyfierman Well obviously would be nice to add in the DC impedance of RFI inductors as well, but I'd settle for the copper :-) What triggered this was one of my current designs where the power supplies started off all nice and thick with multiple routes, but then as I added more functionality one processor ended up being supplied through about 10mil of copper and I almost missed it.   That's the problem with using ground/power planes to supply devices.
andyfierman 2 years ago
Could you rename this topic to something like: Power Path Resistance Calculator That might make it a bit clearer to the developers what the feature is really for (as opposed to something that calculates the complex impedance of the power path or something akin to a tool that calculates a power line impedance for a LISN). Maybe add a screenshot of an example PCB? :)
cjohnson 2 years ago
+1 this would be a great feature. Especially on tight 2 layer boards, ground plane/power plane chopping can be a huge problem.
EdHayes3 1 year ago
This would also require an attribute of the canvas for the copper weight of inner and outer layers.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice