You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Pre-routing some traces
2296 14
dbrouwer 6 years ago
I want to hand route some traces, then use the auto router. How do I keep the hand routed traces if I need to re-auto route. I know that I can uncheck the "Remove existing tracks" checkbox to keep my hand routed traces the first time I auto route. But I don't know how to protect my hand routed traces after that, if I re-auto route.
Comments
Tutorials 6 years ago
hi you need to wait for the auto router finish or stop, when it begins auto router ,it seems remove your track, but when it finish, the track will be kept. but the first sight the tracks looks to be removed, we will fix this.
andyfierman 6 years ago
`But I don't know how to protect my hand routed traces after that, if I re-auto route.` Please see: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Auto-Router Check/tick `Skip net` then create a list of the nets you want the Autorouter to leave alone.
dbrouwer 6 years ago
The problem is that it doesn't leave them alone. After auto routing, then hand routing the nets I want to hand route, and including the hand routed nets in the skipped nets, the hand routed nets are removed if I re-auto route. I agree, assigning nets to the skipped net list, they should be left alone, both for routing and removal. Skipped tracks should not be removed, but they are.
andyfierman 6 years ago
`...assigning nets to the skipped net list, they should be left alone, both for routing and removal. Skipped tracks should not be removed, but they are.` I agree. Please raise a Bug Report for this.
dbrouwer 6 years ago
Thanks Tutorials. This seems important. I have routes that are critical for track width and length, and need to be as short as possible. To me, it only makes sense to lay them out first. They are almost like components. They can take quite a bit of time to get right. If I have to lay them out last, and can't depend on them being protected, not only do I have to move auto-routed tracks to make way, all my work to get the hand routed tracks correct gets destroyed if I need to auto route again. It seems to me that if you simply make the "Skip Nets" option include both skipping for routing and skipping for unrouting, that would solve the issue. Any idea when you'll get this fixed?
dbrouwer 6 years ago
I filed a Bug Report 2 days ago. Thanks andyfierman. What are people's experiences regarding how quickly bugs get handled?
Tutorials 6 years ago
@dbrouwer Hi, It is a known issue, we will try to fix this ASAP, but we have more important work needs to do, it will late for a while. thanks
manny89 6 years ago
@Tutorials Thanks for the update. I'm really finding that EasyEDA lives up to its name and is one of the most intuitive PCB systems out there. With that said, this issue highlights an important and fundamental capability for auto-router use-cases. Without it, EasyEDA look weak relative to other PCB systems. I was trying to produce my first board with EasyEDA (and hoping to fab it with you guys as well), but this bug is making it much harder as I am utilizing the auto-router and I keep having to re-do existing hand-routed nets every time I iterate.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@manny89 Next release will fix this....please wait a while...
dbrouwer 6 years ago
Thanks Tutorials. Can you give us some idea of your timing on next release?
manny89 6 years ago
@Tutorials Thanks again for the confirmation of an upcoming fix. I concur with @dbrouwer that it would be good to get a rough estimate of the timing for this fix. If it's still months away, I will need to use a different tool for my upcoming boards (possibly DipTrace) and then revisit EasyEDA once the fix is in place. However, if the fix is coming relatively soon (this month) then I may be able to wait. Please advise.
vdeconinck 6 years ago
@Tutorials Any news on this issue ? I agree with others here that without a roadmap, my only option is to leave EasyEDA :-( If on the other hand you lay out a tentative schedule, I could decide to wait... KR
Tutorials 6 years ago
@vdeconinck @manny89 @dbrouwer Hi All I am sorry late to rely on, we are developing the major version now. But maybe this week, we will release the new version to fix this. and two months later, the major version will release, please wait... thank you
dbrouwer 6 years ago
The fix for this is in the latest release and does seem to fix the problem. Thanks very much!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice