You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Project version confusion with multiple users
1084 5
Henrik Larsen 4 years ago
Hi, I have a problem with project versions and confusion related to multiple users. When user1 is working with, lets say, an older board to find defects, and so open a project and switches to this older version of a project, it immediately affects user2 also, even though he hasn't switch version himself. If user2 then opens a sheet in the same project, he gets the sheet from the old version and not the version he think he would get, according to his preferrred version. This would be a source for many unexplained errors with this system. Regards.
Comments
UserSupport 4 years ago
When you create a version, you can treat it like make a copy of the project. and each version is independence, you can edit each version document without impact other versions.
Hi, I'm reporting a bug in how the versioning system works for multiple users. Multiple users working on the same project cannot work on different versions. This is a very important limitation, and is very confusing and causes errors in how documents are updated, as the version could change for one user without his knowledge. I'm not in doubt how a versioning system works. /thanks
UserSupport 4 years ago
Yes, the user can not edit different versions at the same time, it is limited on purpose, because of the data storage and our version control is following document historical. it must have a document ID(only one), and then find a historical ID(many) to get the current file. when you change the version, the new historical must be saved in the current version, otherwise, it doesn't know where it should be going! you can see below image: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Z1FIsgMh2vnPT4OQmdqlIyN3HmtES5rHi6krra2e.png)
Hi. Sorry for the late response. I know one user cannot edit different versions at the same time. This report is for multiple users. Please read my report carefully. Two users, one project with more versions stored. User A selects version 2 of project A, edits something. User B selects version 1 of project A to view someting. (User A dont know of this version change.) User A saves his edits to project A. My question is now: Which version would anyone expect user A to save his edits to ? I would say version 2, but this is not what happens. User A edits are saved into version 1, making version 1 invalid.
UserSupport 4 years ago
@maximumiq I know what you said, it is a kown issue, at present, EasyEDA doesn't support this feature. Which version would anyone expect user A to save his edits to ? User A can not save his edit, the document saving must match the active version.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice