You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Project versioning
340 4
Milek Smyk 1 year ago
Hello! I first wanted to take a moment and congratulate the EasyEDA authors on the release of the Pro version\. I've been test driving it extensively in recent weeks and so far my impressions are very positive \- the upgrade elevates the software to another level\, and most of my complaints about speed or lack of features seem to have been addressed\. What's more\, it is \_pleasant\_ to use\. Yes\, there are still bugs\, inconveniences\, and UI glitches\, but it seems that they are being worked on continuously\. There are also further performance improvements showing up daily \- my big thanks to someone who accelerated copper area recalculation recently\, you made my work much\, much faster\. There is however one hugely important subject that seems to have been neglected, or at least I am not able to figure out how it is supposed to work - project versioning. The way it functioned in the original EasyEDA was simple, but convenient, and powerful enough to maintain several project revisions simultaneously. Now it looks like I cannot have multiple versions of a project that I can switch between easily - the only thing I can see in "switch version" is the ability to recover some past backup to a new project. This feature is critical for professional work, where we have to support previously released PCB versions, make minor changes to the past versions, etc. Is this being worked on? Is it on the roadmap? Any ETA? Thanks, Milek
Comments
UserSupport 1 year ago
Hi the pro edition project version is create a backup and create a new project, because the different design, pro can't not support like Std edition version control, maybe in the future we will support the better project version control. thanks
Milek Smyk 1 year ago
This is a really bad news. I am strongly urging you to reconsider your priorities, since having a "pro" version that is lacking revision control is not of much use to the pros. Once you have several projects going on, spawning new ones from backup as a version control measure is a recipe for disaster (or at least for a big mess, which sooner or later leads to a disaster). Please rethink this. Thanks.
vtjballeng 1 year ago
A lack of revision control makes the "Pro" version a non-starter and unusable for my team. I will remove all designs from pro and refrain from using it or considering it again until this feature is available in Pro @usersupport .
vtjballeng 1 year ago
This is especially unfortunate because we were looking to the Pro version for better STP file support. So, now our choices are the Std version which has poor 3D file export capability or the Pro version which does not support version control. Since both are critical features for EDA, or design process is slowed without need.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice