You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Project specific parts libraries
835 3
lamabrew 6 years ago
I'm in the process of evaluating EasyEDA and I'm having a difficult time trying to determine how parts libraries are managed. There will be several board designs and I need to set up a library of "preferred" parts across all of them to avoid accidentally using different parts for the same functional need. It looks like EasyEDA calls these "favorites" but when I flag a part as a favorite two things seem to happen: 1) Even though it creates the category, the part doesn't show up in category in the parts dialog, it only shows up in the Favorites. I've looked at the tutorials and forum posts but so far haven't found the answer(s) ![enter image description here][1] it does show up in the favorites though: ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20171212/5a2ecfbbef3b0.png [2]: /editor/20171212/5a2ed01aa799b.png I expect there will be a few hundred parts and the ability to browse them in some sort of hierarchical fashion would be needed. 2) None of my custom attributes from the current schematic get copied in. Since the part is being made a 'favorite' from the parts dialog I guess it fetches the default part and not the one from the current schematic page. However I can't find a way to edit the part so that the library part has all of the required custom attributes. My questions are: 1. Can I add a part to favorites from the schematic instead of having to search the parts library as well as retain the custom attributes from the schematic use? 2. If the part can't be added from the schematic how can I add custom attributes so that further use of the part in a schematic includes that? 3. Why aren't the parts showing in the proper categories and/or what are the steps to get it to be in more than favorites? 4. How do you export the contents of a specific library, i.e. after I build this up I need to export it for error checking purposes 5. Can there be more than one "favorites" library? i.e. this project will have several boards with a preferred list of parts. The next project will have a different set of designs with possibly a different set of preferred parts. Though globally across all projects there would eventually be the idea of "all approved parts". I realize that the software is free and already does quite a bit to make it easy for designers. The designs in question are to be open source so this tool fits that objective. If library management was something only in a paid version that would be fine - for me it's a big time sink and a tool that can integrate parts into the editor and manage libraries where parts have an approved list of crosses and/or suppliers would be ideal. Thanks for any guidance/suggestions.
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
I hope I can give some useful replies to your questions: `1) Even though it creates the category, the part doesn't show up in category in the parts dialog, it only shows up in the Favorites. I've looked at the tutorials and forum posts but so far haven't found the answer(s)` When you `Favorite` something it doesn't really make a copy of the symbol or package, it just adds it to your local list of your favourite parts so unless you search for it by name (or something like it) in the general SHIFT+F search, it will not appear as a found item. It will however appear if you click on your `Favorites` because that lists all parts that you have clicked as `Favorite`. `2) None of my custom attributes from the current schematic get copied in. Since the part is being made a 'favorite' from the parts dialog I guess it fetches the default part and not the one from the current schematic page. However I can't find a way to edit the part so that the library part has all of the required custom attributes.` Search for a part and when it appears in the library list (as in your 2nd screenshot), highlight the entry then either right click on it or click on the `More` button at the lower right of the window and select `Clone`. Give it a unique name and enter a Description. Search for it again with the new name. Highlight it and click `Edit`. Edit the symbol/package and the attributes (you can add new attributes by clicking on `Add new parameter`). Save the edits. Another way to do the same thing is to find the part, highlight it then click `Edit` and then save the edited part. The end result is the same. Others: 1) Not easily. See my second reply in this thread: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Cut_and_Paste_Symbol_from_Schematic_to_Schematic_Lib-t1cawueA9 2) The simplest way to do this is to simply edit the part in the schematic as you want then copy and past that part into an empty schematic that you use purely as a private library sheet from which you copy and pate them into other schematics You can of course copy and paste the first edited instance of a part for all subsequent instances of the same part in a schematic. Another way to deal with this is using the `Teams` feature. https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/Introduction.htm#Teams This will keep you library parts private to only those within a Team. 3) Adding Tags should do it but I haven't tried it to be sure how best to assign them. 4) You can select each symbol/package in turn, do **Document > EasyEDA Source...** and then copy the EasyEDA Source files to somewhere. This is tedious because you cannot export a batch of parts, they have to be done one at a time. The other issue with this is that it is hard to 'check' these symbols/packages in their raw JSON format without writing a script to somehow do this. I am unclear about what you mean when you say 'check' them for error correcting purposes anyway since this is best done within the SHIFT+F parts search, selecting then pressing `Edit` for each part or more simply by just checking the first instance of the part in the first schematic you use it in (or by pasting it into your private library schematic. 5) See above. More questions? Please post back.
lamabrew 6 years ago
Hi Andy, Thank you for the reply. I'll try those ideas out. On my #4 - what I mean by error check of the (project) library is to look and see if all of the parts in it are unique/correct. For example on ICs we want to avoid ending up with the same part type but different packages. Or there are cases where a thin film resistor must be used for its better noise properties, so we would want to make sure that we treat a 1K carbon film differently than a 1K thick film vs a 1K thin film. Being able to export all of the (project) library contents in to a spreadsheet lets us sort on different fields to looks for duplicates (or near duplicates that might be intentional). Also we'll use our own part number as the index for a parts cross reference for approved substitutions (since EasyEDA doesn't seem to be able to do that directly, i.e. have parts with approved alternate manufacturer part numbers? Though I guess adding a lot more custom attributes could store that info, but maintaining it would seem to be a lot of work unless some custom scripts were developed? Sorry for so many questions...). Thank you again for your assistance.
andyfierman 6 years ago
If you paste all your uniuque parts into a schematic sheet and then run a BoM on that sheet you will get a CSV file that you can then play with directly in LibreOffice Calc or some other spreadsheet program. It's not elegant but it does the job without you needing to write a script for it. If you do want to do it via a script then have a look at this section of the Tutorial: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/API.htm#EasyEDA-API-Plug
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice