You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Protractor Segment Divisions
357 3
DJDevon3 1 year ago
I'm trying to evenly space LED's in a ring. The only way I know how to do that is using the protractor.  With 100 LED's this is far too tedious creating 100 protractors!  Can we please have a feature that will create multiple divisions for easier component placement please?  If there is already a way to do this I would love to know how.![Capture.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/enawxRMSIQGbKP2Iv7KFOkiTlSjCkqgjHM9LoHaP.jpeg)
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Select the Footprints and use the **Distribute Array** tool.
DJDevon3 1 year ago
Wow I've never noticed that feature.  Thank you AndyFierman! Works perfectly and even has an option to automatically rotate the part alone the path. Nice!!! ![Capture.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ZR72BszOy9kouNOemFyu2NQyxyWxzUM6E7EcO2o6.jpeg)
DJDevon3 1 year ago
Might be worth noting that at first it aligned each component in the wrong order. This is a common issue that stems from the initial PCB file creation and component import. This is because on initial import it puts everything into a matrix not just things of the same type. Fixed that by selecting everything of the same type into a matrix style by themselves. It re-ordered everything numerically correct! Then did the circular array and every component is in the correct order. To select all objects of the same type & name: Right-click on one and choose "find similar objects". Using the "name" field of "same" was more reliable than prefix. (Prefix might work better if you use underscores in your prefix name? I don't use prefix underscores so using "same name" was a better method). Click OK and now all of the LED's are selected and highlighted together. Once all the components you want are selected then you can do Format>Distribute Array. This is why it's better not to relabel everything in schematic view with unique component names. If they have the same name they can all be selected together easily.  EasyEDA is very intuitive to design with once you know how it works. ![Capture.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Z3grRuMyRcYwUx8lIroMw9uMGEGrh1tLG6kj8pN1.jpeg)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice