You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
RECT created PAD~RECT but want RECT
649 8
gammaray 5 years ago
When I originally created a card edge, I used RECTANG. (Or so I thought) [Addendum: Over 6 months ago] In going back to improve/share my files show in the Source file they are listed as PAD~RECT which interferes with my solder mask on card edge.  TRACKS go to middle of PAD and solder mask then covers up card edge. Has the interface changed at some point? Because I feel RECT created PAD~RECT at one point. I thought as of two days it was still doing this.  I KEPT REFUSING TO USE NEW INTERFACE when it asked. Addendum: After logging out/in I think system changed/updated a few things. Regards gammaray
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
Please post some screenshots to illustrate your problem.
gammaray 5 years ago
Now that I have gone back. I am trying to understand maybe what I did or didnt do (impossible) Resolved to recreate with RECT and replace PAD~RECT and rebuild the PCB. As you can see, the track covers part of the card edge.  It is worse on the solder side where the traces are mirrored on the shorter card edge. ![SOLDER MASK TRACK Screenshot_2018-10-28_18-26-56.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/mJYabjowpV4zG5Gn8q2j3FT6eanMg0IZZjQrdqeG.png)         ![SOLDER SIDE CLOSEUP_2018-10-28_18-33-20.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/iMWH0AvPidOIyfr3cGXhKGR3boAb30OlYXfgSRGk.png)
andyfierman 5 years ago
@gammaray, Sorry but your screenshots are too close up. I still don't understand the problem. Why are you worried about what the EasyEDA Source file calls the pads? Surely the issue is what the pads look like on the PCB.
gammaray 5 years ago
Solder mask layer will cover card edge when activated for the TRACKS that extend to middle of PAD-RECT
andyfierman 5 years ago
Why? Tracks normally terminate in the centre of pads. The solder mask is automatically removed over the whole area of the pad plus a small margin outside the pad. This is true wherever the track to the pad is terminated within the pad.
gammaray 5 years ago
@andyfierman Wonderful that is good news! But in the mean-time, I did the coding to turn the PAD-RECT to a RECTANG generating the JSON coding. Now I won't have to debug it.
andyfierman 5 years ago
If you have changed the EasyEDA Source then you **MUST** check your Gerbers very carefully using **gerbv** and not the JLCPCB Gerber viewer. [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Export/Export-Gerber-Files/index.html#Gerber-View](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/Export/Export-Gerber-Files/index.html#Gerber-View) I'm not familiar enough with the json code to be sure but the risk is that you have changed the status of the pads from pads to a copper solid region in which case what I just explained about the solder mask being automatically removed from the pads does not apply and you will end up with solder mask over the contact areas. If the pads look right in the EasyEDA PCB Editor window then you would be best to leave the EasyEDA Source file alone.
gammaray 5 years ago
Continuing on the pad discussion... (I am beginning to think the nature of the different geometries have been changed with the upgrades to EasyEDA to simplify.) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ldbMU3ymBAMllFjPGJh1E3kABislxNbGW2vROdug.png) Why would a pad have a paste mask layer on it? The white object is the pastemask layer object congruous with the top layer pad copied into practice area of PCB. 1\. Is it because the pads are to be "coated" with solder? 2\. Or should a pastemask only be present for SMD? 3\. What happens on paste machine if a paste mask is present on  layout but has a 0 mil thickness which I changed from 4mil to 0? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6vK62CM2cQP5KuxbFUlpe0DKWzvZKsuQj4D6U2bd.png) A similar problem happens with the rectangular shaped pads I created in that they have a solder mask present on that layer with current 0 mil thickness. 1\. Pads typically do not to have solder mask I gather from per our previous discussion\.  This is accordance with my design \.  But I am not sure if I selected create solder mask or this was default or should be deleted\. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/U5mKGy16umL8YkanKkoUjSW9KnPZ3G4RIsGaLAFx.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice