You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
RED Dot or No Dot
3578 6
Jleith 8 years ago
Just wondering abot the RED dot when I connect to a component and connections were there is no dot. Should I ensure there is always a red dot at the componet or does it matter ![RED Dot][1] [1]: /editor/20160519/573ca219f36cf.jpg John
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi John, If you zoom right in and look closely at your connections you will see that you have a red join dot at the symbol pin where the green wire overlaps the brown symbol pin. Where you have no join dot at a pin, the green wire ends exactly at the tip of the brown symbol pin i.e. there is no overlap. You can see it more clearly if you select the wire and increase the width: ![enter image description here][1] :) [1]: /editor/20160519/573cb92b31026.png
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy I Zoomed in on one my "No Dot" connects and I don't see the red dot ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20160519/573cbb139fe6f.jpg I have the wire connect point on pin 3 it stops at the brown edge John
andyfierman 8 years ago
Um, That's exactly what I just described. Now zoom in on one of your pins that *does* have a red dot. In EDA tools, as in old style drawn schematics, you *don't* expect to see a join dot where a wire joins a pin. You *do* expect to see a join dot where a wire crosses a pin.
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy What I have noticed on some and not all if your run the trace into the componet you will get a "RED" dont. Here is a example. My main concern is when the copper trace is develope is there a difference in the copper layount with "Red" dot or no "Red: dot. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20160520/573df77143282.jpg John
andyfierman 8 years ago
As I say, you will get a dot if the green wire *crosses* but does not *end* exactly on the end of the symbol pin. The wire can cross in line with the pin as I indicated in my resistor example or it can cross the pin end at an angle but if it *crosses* over the *exact* end point of the symbol pin then a dot will appear. If the wire *ends* exactly on the end of the symbol pin then there will be no dot. When you are placing wires, if you hover the mouse over a symbol pin end you will see that a grey dot appears at the end of the pin. That is the point that you must wire to in order to make a connection: ![enter image description here][1] The same grey dot appears when you wire to that point: ![enter image description here][2] To answer your question about: `...is there a difference in the copper layount with "Red" dot or no "Red: dot.` No, the dot makes no difference to the connectivity. As long at the wire crosses the `exact` end point of the symbol pin then you have a connection (so beware off-grid components and pins!). However, it is not good practice to draw schematics that have spurious join dots and overhanging wires end as in your examples. It makes a schematic look cluttered, untidy and un-professional. It also makes them harder to read and understand. There are some useful tips here: http://michaelhleonard.com/how-to-design-the-perfect-pcb-part2/ :) [1]: /editor/20160520/573e39c2a3c9a.png [2]: /editor/20160520/573e3a020253a.png
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy Thank you spending the time for the calification on the Read Dot. I really appreciate the support ALl the best John
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice